AuthorTopic: Hello from Shottingham!!!  (Read 898 times)

Offline MudPlugger

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • I don't grow up, I just get bigger toys!
  • Referrals: 0
Hello from Shottingham!!!
« on: September 09, 2008, 03:01:38 »
Hello everybody a lot of the existing members will remember me I used to be on as RandyLandy but took a couple of years out as I was Landy-less.

My name's Russ I'm 22 and currently living in the hell hole known as Nottingham, although we will soon be moving nearer the coast within a few weeks with any luck!

Well I thought I'd join up as I will need help with my new vehicle in the coming weeks regarding modifications, basically I now have my dad's (JimBrown) old Disco as he has opted for a newer classier but Japanese car (Terrano 2 3.0 TDI) and because of this I am in the process of buying his Discovery. It's the 2.5 200TDi with a 2" lift, 31x10.50R16 tyres, Safari snorkel and extended brake lines (+4")

Now I am looking to modify it a little bit further, mainly I want an inch or 2 extra lift as well as dislocation cones, lowered shock mounts, spacers, eyebrows, and a few other bits, but I am on a very tight budget and a few of the bits I reckon I will have to try and fabricate.

Well that's a little bit about me and my car, I hope to have a few mods in place by December as that's the earliest time I am allowed to drive as I am currently awaiting surgery to rebuild my right elbow which was smashed in a bike accident...but until then if I regain any use in the arm before then you can guarantee I will be joining in a couple of the laning days!

Oh forgot to mention...it's an auto  :D
200TDi Discovery
+2" Bearmach blue springs, +2" ProComp ES9000 Shocks, 31x10.50R16 Colway MT's, Heavy Duty steering arms, Safari snorkel, Midland CB radio, Extended bump stops, fully chequer plated rear.

Soon to have:
Full length roof rack, more lights than you can shake a stick at, +2" spacers, 2" lowered twin shock turrets, dislocation cones all round, Heavy duty bumpers. Possibly bigger tyres (Much bigger!!!) and more than likely body lifts etc.

Offline Lincs niva

Attack Member
Re: Hello from Shottingham!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 05:56:38 »
Hiya welcome back to mud club

Cheers Gav
Yorkshire and Lincolnshire 4x4 Response
www.yorks-lincs4x4response.org

Offline TEMPER593

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 07:01:04 »
Hello mate good to see ya.  :grin:
Will it fit though there? Dont know but we'll soon find out.............................opps!!!!

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 00:11:59 »
Welcome back to the fold :clap:
so many hills , so little time ....
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol