AuthorTopic: Jimny question  (Read 1419 times)

Offline stuvy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Jimny question
« on: August 28, 2008, 21:19:49 »
Does any one have any hints or tips on buying a Jimny?
overal service costs, problem parts etc

Im after one for my good lady and want the heads up of the rust bits and the needs to be checked items!

it will only see mud when i show it, so im not interested in lift kits or big wheels, cheers in advance
Epsom green Discovery S1, 33" M/T on colour coded rims, 2" Lift Kit, Steering Gaurd with raised steering bars, Rock+Tree sliders, Modded front bumper, Checker plate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 www.DrewsSpeedShop.co.uk

Offline andyb

Attack Member
    • Tilshead, Wiltshire
Re: Jimny question
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 11:20:42 »
I've serviced a couple on 51 plates and I haven't noticed any issues.

Only negatives that I can think off....drum brakes on the back and clutch change is engine out.....unless you get do a clutch alignment with a mirror  :roll:

Offline glaggs

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 21:14:44 »
Main areas to look for rust are in the boot where the jack n wheel  wrench are stored, and around the rear seat belt mountings go. Rear drums are no prob if its mainly road use. As for changing clutch - done mine twice without removing the engin, you do have to drop transfer box and move gear box out off way though. Made an alignment tool from a nut n blot. Other than that servicing is easy peasey.
..V..

Offline stuvy

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 19:17:43 »
and i pressume being jap its fairly reliable too!

thanks for the answers
Epsom green Discovery S1, 33" M/T on colour coded rims, 2" Lift Kit, Steering Gaurd with raised steering bars, Rock+Tree sliders, Modded front bumper, Checker plate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 www.DrewsSpeedShop.co.uk

Offline andyb

Attack Member
    • Tilshead, Wiltshire
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 10:41:08 »
As for changing clutch - done mine twice without removing the engin, you do have to drop transfer box and move gear box out off way though. Made an alignment tool from a nut n blot.

Aha. Only done one, but just removed prop between gearbox and transfer. Will obviously drop transfer box next time :)

Would be easier still if the crossmember under the gearbox was removable (bolt in).

Offline kevan1

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 13:13:34 »
King pins need replacing after a while, this is quite common. these are very easy to do.
suzuki jimny special, chrome grill trim and chrome washer jets coz the monkeys at longleat chewed them off!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal