AuthorTopic: Tray back Series  (Read 844 times)

Offline carbore

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Tray back Series
« on: August 17, 2008, 23:07:34 »
Mr Nutsaboutseries has pointed out to me that my tray back 109 Series 3 may in fact be "rare"?

As It used to be a breakdown truck (still has recovery in big letters on white stripe) I thought it had a harvey frost on the back that had been cut off. However it does look quite similar to the one  in this link,minus side panels, but the lights are spot on.

www.series2club.co.uk/gallery.htm

My truck has a Man Egerton plastic plaque on the seat box and is registered as a "Leyland Breakdown truck"

The tray back frame is very well made, but looks a bit new.

So is it a home made job or something more special any ideas or general info welcome.
CORNISH SPRINT AND HILLCLIMB CHAMPION 2009

Lotus Elise (Tuned/lightened for sprint racing Championship winner 2009)
Freelander 1 TD4 Auto AKA the Big Black Bus (Brownchurch Roof Rack, Hatch Bag rear liner)
Ferguson T20 "Grey Fergie" TVO Tractor 1951

Offline nutsaboutseries

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Tray back Series
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 22:30:27 »
Post up some picks of the trayback and how the cab is finished at the rear.  I know the owners of the yellow one on the S2 club site so we can compare the details.

There are a quite few home made ones around and some are truly excellent. Original trayback varients are indeed few and far between. Either way its a nice peice of history for your landy.

Cheers
Ben
owner of far too many landies (according to SWMBO!) Big piles of treasure she calls scrap and this is where I buy most of the new stuff

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal