AuthorTopic: Galaxy\Sharan or Delica?  (Read 275 times)

Offline marky

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Galaxy\Sharan or Delica?
« on: August 14, 2008, 18:56:31 »
We had a lovely 02 VW Sharan tdi until someone stole it about 2 months ago. It really suited us as a family car and we are still looking for a replacement. We are looking to spend about 4 grand but every thing we've looked at seems to have been knocked about or has really high miles, and we're getting frustrated keep looking at cars and driving further and further to go and see them! We're hoping to find a good spec 2000ish Sharan/Alhambra/Galaxy tdi
We went to look at an Alhambra today which was overpriced for what it was. While we were there we spotted a Mitsubishi Delica which I've always quite liked, but the wife wasn't so keen...... until today. It was spotless outside, very clean underneath and really tidy inside - with everything you could want. It has 140000kms on the clock (about 80000miles we were told) and loads of paperwork. We took it for a drive and it was, well different to what we are used to as the 130bhp Sharan sport was quite a drivers car! Not as much grunt as I was expecting from a 2.8 and I'm not expecting the mpg to be that good, but we both really liked it.
We don't need a 4wd and it won't be going off road (much! :lol:) and although its in very good condition it's on an L plate. It was up for £3000 and the dealer said he could go to £2500, but I think he'd let it go for less!
What do you think?
Are there any common problems?
What would the running costs be like?
Would we regret it in 6 months time?

Lifted Disco on BFG MTs .......and loving it!

Wifey now has Disco Td5 es

Offline Disco Matt

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Galaxy\Sharan or Delica?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 20:10:13 »
I know a couple of people who run them - Deli Hustler of this forum being one. Apparently they're typically Japanese in reliability terms but do tend to drink diesel (2.8 Turbo and an auto box...).

1996 Discovery 300TDI. She's got it where it counts...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal