AuthorTopic: Fitting internet supplied tyres - where in the Fareham, Pompey, Soton area?  (Read 2563 times)

Offline auf_wiedersehen_pet

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Hi All,

I want to order some tyres (for a Volvo V70) of the internet but I am unsure where to get them fitted. I purchased a set (for a LR Disco) as recently as April 08 and had the fitted by Kwik Fit. They don't do them anymore as Head Office now say no. Checked the big tyre/exhaust fitters with the same response.

There must be others who will fit them as there are plenty of people selling them!

Who do you use?

Rob Steele

1995 Land Rover Discovery 300 TDi - Everyday Car (Ex Jap)
2007 Toyota Avensis 2.2 T-180 - Sensible Car (Ex TSB Bank)

Offline bravo669

Attack Member
  • The Mans Machine
    • Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire
find an independent garage. none of the big tyre places will do it, if they do they usually charge loads!!!i was quoted nearly 300 quid to fit and balance 4 tyres!!!! he got a sharp response! unfortunately i don't know anyone in your area, but the independents are your best bet.
Green Suzuki Jimny soft top with +2" KAP supension lift and Insa Turbo Saharas

Add me at www.facebook.com/braine

Offline andyb

Attack Member
    • Tilshead, Wiltshire
PM me. I know a chap near Fordingbridge. Bit out of your way I think. One man band (well he is since I left :) ) independant and knows what he is doing. Will do for beer tokens  ;)

Offline bambamjj

Attack Member
Guy in gosport, Joe at Auto tyre Centre by Gosport Asda, loves landrovers is independant and will do you a good deal especially if you talk Landrovers, even better take them off the volvo put them in Disco and go down there, he is fountain off all knowledge, does alll my welding etc.

Highly recommend

P reg 300 tdi Discovery, very slow, sluggish and standard but i am working on it.......

SOLD - Gutted
94 V8 Discovery 200 in Black
2" pro-comp lift
Spots
Diff Guards

Attack Member
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. I've been a bit slow on this but I need to get a wriggle on as the MOT is due soon.

Gosport sounds the best bet.

:lol:
Rob Steele

Offline mike142sl

Attack Member
Why not get it all done by Etyres.co.uk - they come out to you and are about 40% cheaper.
Mike
Disco TD5 Landmark
SYM GTS250i Voyager
Swift Challenger 490

Offline bambamjj

Attack Member
I have always found resistant from tyre fitters to fit tyres not supplied by them in the Gosport/Fareham/Portsmouth area.
P reg 300 tdi Discovery, very slow, sluggish and standard but i am working on it.......

SOLD - Gutted
94 V8 Discovery 200 in Black
2" pro-comp lift
Spots
Diff Guards

Offline MrTFWitt

Attack Member
I went to my usual independent tyre and exhaust place with a boot full of tyres last weekend expecting to just get them fitted for cash.

However the attitude turned colder than a penguins plums when he found out I had got tyres from the internets instead of him.
When I phoned for a quote for mud tyres they just didnt bother calling back so I assumed they couldn't get them.

The place was Buzy Bbut not full as there was at least one chap stood around scratching and yawning.
Despite offering to pay a good rate to get them fitted, they quoted £5 a tyre when I phoned and I offered £10 and I'll take the old ones away,  he simply insisted I could try coming back after 3pm then launched into a bit of a rant about how internet tyres were undermining their profits.

Instead I went to a local breakers and got them fitted and balanced for £5 a tyre, I'll be using them again I think.
Need to keep the breakers in business too.
Watch out theres a tigger about!

Attack Member
Many thanks for all of the replies.

I finished up buying from the internet and having them fitted via one of theirauthorised fitters.

The big boys wouldn't touch them at all!!
Rob Steele

Offline TechnoTurkey

Attack Member
I had a similar problem with getting some Insas fitted last year, got them done for £8 each in the end but some places wanted £15 a wheel.

Next time I think I will source everything locally as this doesnt end up being that cheap in the end.
2007 Honda Civic Type R GT
1982 VW Camper - Current Project
1991 Pajero SWB 2.5TD - SOLD
1990 Range Rover Vouge 3.9 V8 - SCRAPPED
1989 110 3.5 V8 CSW - SOLD
1984 Series 3, Ex MoD, 109 SOLD
1986 90 2.5D Pick Up - SOLD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal