AuthorTopic: Thieving Low Lives  (Read 796 times)

Offline 3laner

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Thieving Low Lives
« on: July 15, 2008, 22:24:13 »
Had the rings taken off a set of rolls on the farm I work on last night, left some so obviously took as much weight as they could. yard gates were locked but came in over a field. They will seriously take anything these days. watch anything metal you have lying around. :evil:
1994 300 tdi Defender-SOLD
2002 TD5 Defender 90 Monte Carlo Blue: IRB stage 2 tuned and intercooled-SOLD
2005 Golf GTi 200- Landyless :(

ON THE LOOK OUT FOR MY NEXT 4x4
www.irbdevelopments.com

Offline piggysteve

Attack Member
Re: Thieving Low Lives
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 04:42:20 »
your right, we had a subsoiler nicked last week that was blocking a field entrance to stop boy racers roaring round the field. They must have had a HIAB cos it was a heavy piece of kit.

Steve
Ex pat Yorkshireman.

P38 diesel

tenpolequint

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 09:23:37 »
What makes me sick with disgust is the some lead from the lady chapels roof of Harty Church on the Isle of sheppey was taken. That shows no respect.

Offline EbonynIvory

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 19:51:30 »
Things are only going to get worse, it will become scary when people start objecting to their stuff being taken. Remember the farmer who was done for murder some years ago after he shot some teenagers who had been harassing him and breaking in for years. Everyone has a breaking point, its just a question of how much are people going to take.

Offline frosty

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 20:34:12 »
 i remember him, he lives at the bottom of our village!

I went to recover a stolen abandoned and then burnt out car last week and guess what? yep, it had been stolen again and im guessing weighed in for scrap! you cant keep anything secure, if they want it, they will take it!
90..standardish

Offline Disco Matt

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 21:18:09 »
I've heard of worse than the church roof - a load of brass memorial plates were stolen from another church recently. Since replaced with plastic replicas as apparently even nailing things down isn't enough now!  :evil:

The burnt out car might have given the thief an unpleasant surprise - I know some of the foams and plastics used in cars can turn into very nasty chemicals when burned and do considerable damage to unprotected skin.
1996 Discovery 300TDI. She's got it where it counts...

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 17:37:47 »
your right, we had a subsoiler nicked last week that was blocking a field entrance to stop boy racers roaring round the field. They must have had a HIAB cos it was a heavy piece of kit.

Steve

yep, had a few farm thefts in my area recently... the scrap kit farmers are putting to block field entrances is fair game now lots being stolen.

Sub soilers are being stolen then shipped to Europe as they are favor of the month...
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal