AuthorTopic: Who's good with electrics?  (Read 371 times)

Offline Jamin

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Who's good with electrics?
« on: July 04, 2008, 21:00:02 »
I was poking around looking at the boot curtosey light (none of them have ever worked) was thinking about putting it on a standard switch rather than the door switch.

Wired everything up and flicked the switch.....and the radio went off 

The radio now does not work unless i swap the power cables over so that it doesnt store its memory which is annoying.

Whats more annoying is if i flick the front interia light to on the radio and the clock go off and a little red light in the ignition comes on (i dont know if this was there before?)

All fuses are fine and ive checked the relay (i think), looking at the wiring diagrams in the book of lies i cant see how these are linked?

Can any one help? Have i got a short and will have to pull out the loom or just have to put up with it?

ben_haynes

Re: Who's good with electrics?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 21:13:16 »
where did you take the live feed from?? if you took it from the radio then it will cause the radio to shut off, if you want me to have a look i dont mind looking, must be local (you in kettering according to your avatar)

Offline Jamin

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 21:32:39 »
Yeah in Desborough..... guys in Rockingham thought that my girlfriend was your partner when she went in to pick something up :lol:

Ive sorted the problem anyhoo it was a blown fuse!
One of the satelite fuse boxes had come loose and was floating completely in the wrong place in an awkward position, i didnt see it first time i looked.

Studied the wiring diagaram and thought "hang on i havnt got enough fuses!"

Thanks for the offer,

Ben 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 21:40:34 by Jamin »

ben_haynes

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 23:38:50 »
guys in Rockingham thought that my girlfriend was your partner when she went in to pick something up :lol:

that will be brian always getting the wrong end of the stick,  :lol:

if you need anymore help PM me i should be able to help

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal