AuthorTopic: Rear door lock  (Read 337 times)

Offline bigwood

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Rear door lock
« on: July 03, 2008, 19:41:27 »
 :huh:I think my Disco has a will to annoy me at the moment, This weeks silly little thing is the back door lock. All the doors lock on the drivers door or the remote apart from the back door. When I bought it last December I couldn't lock or unlock  the door with the key. This not being a problem until now, lazy sod should have done this months ago. :oops:  I have the feeling I have the wrong key as it wont turn at all, when I get the door card off is it possible to alter the barrel to mach my key. This will save me having to park against the wall at night :roll:
Old Landrovers dont die they just fade to a red oxide colour.

Offline crazymac

Attack Member
Re: Rear door lock
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 21:03:05 »
Chances are the lock is just siezed up, they are prone to it! Take the Landrover badge off the handle and spray a load of WD in there, then try the key side to side, it should free up.

As for not locking and unlocking? it will probably just be down to the actuater which can be picked up cheap from vehicle wiring products or Ebay. Good luck
I HAVE THE BODY OF A GOD

shame its Budda!!

Offline bigwood

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 16:56:52 »
I agree it probably is just seized, why use the key when you can press the button. As for central locking I have had a Homer moment :doh: :doh:. I have had a rear door pocket made at work, fitted to a chequer plate panel. Drilling for the mounting brackets I managed to catch the two core loom for the lock actuator. I really made sure I knew were all the bits were inside the door but forgot the small loom at the bottom. Now soldered and shrink wrapped joint, I deserved to get covered in waxoil.
Old Landrovers dont die they just fade to a red oxide colour.

Offline Timi

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 22:42:09 »
:huh:I think my Disco has a will to annoy me at the moment, This weeks silly little thing is the back door lock. All the doors lock on the drivers door or the remote apart from the back door. When I bought it last December I couldn't lock or unlock  the door with the key. This not being a problem until now, lazy sod should have done this months ago. :oops:  I have the feeling I have the wrong key as it wont turn at all, when I get the door card off is it possible to alter the barrel to mach my key. This will save me having to park against the wall at night :roll:

I had a similar problem which required me to adjust the opening lift mechanism, as most disco owners are aware the locking spring sometimes breaks on the central locking actuator bit causing the door to not unlock. There are several suppliers of the springs on e-bay.  If this is the problem?, also lots of central locking actuators on e-bay as well.
Newer red and grey disco to save confusion,

Ramsey Pro8000 winch
Safari Snorkel
Qt Diff Gauards
Bfg Muds
Procomp steering guard

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal