AuthorTopic: Special tool  (Read 3834 times)

Offline andygod

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Birmingham and surrounding areas regional Rep
  • Referrals: 0
Special tool
« on: June 22, 2008, 11:11:43 »
Could anybody please tell me where I can purchase special tool number MB990954 (lock nut wrench) used for the removal and adjustment of the front hub nut on a 2002 3.0v6 Shogun Sport. This is not a normal hub type nut and does require the special tool. I have tried several places all to no avail, my only option seems to be to try and make one.
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum and jolly bad eggs are we

Offline bravo669

Attack Member
  • The Mans Machine
    • Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire
Re: Special tool
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 11:26:18 »
not sure but if its similar/the same as the toyota hilux ones, my grandad made one out of some steel box section.
other than that ebay? halfords might be able to point you in the right direction.
hope this helps? :smiley:
Green Suzuki Jimny soft top with +2" KAP supension lift and Insa Turbo Saharas

Add me at www.facebook.com/braine

Offline andygod

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 14:14:11 »
not sure but if its similar/the same as the toyota hilux ones, my grandad made one out of some steel box section.
other than that eBay? halfords might be able to point you in the right direction.
hope this helps? :smiley:

Thanks for the suggestions but I have tried Halfords, Machine mart and several other motor factors and none of them have a clue.  I have also tried eBay and can't find any there too. The tool is like a large 1/2 drive socket but instead of having a hexagonal inside its smooth & round inside with two prongs that protrude and fit into the holes in the hub lock nut.

Offline Mudlark

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 09:16:42 »
The tool is available from Mitsubishi at a cost of around £80 I think. Needless to say they don't sell that many as fortunately it's not really necessary as the tightening can be achieved without it.

However if you feel you must use one join Pajero UK (http://pajerouk.co.uk) as their members have access to hiring one

Click the pic get my NEW site

1988 2.5td manual Shogun SWB

Offline bravo669

Attack Member
  • The Mans Machine
    • Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 22:34:58 »
Thanks for the suggestions but I have tried Halfords, Machine mart and several other motor factors and none of them have a clue.  I have also tried eBay and can't find any there too. The tool is like a large 1/2 drive socket but instead of having a hexagonal inside its smooth & round inside with two prongs that protrude and fit into the holes in the hub lock nut.
[/quote]
nothing like the hilux one. sorry. sounds expensive  :?
Green Suzuki Jimny soft top with +2" KAP supension lift and Insa Turbo Saharas

Add me at www.facebook.com/braine

Offline andygod

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 07:09:47 »
The tool is available from Mitsubishi at a cost of around £80 I think. Needless to say they don't sell that many as fortunately it's not really necessary as the tightening can be achieved without it.

However if you feel you must use one join Pajero UK (http://pajerouk.co.uk) as their members have access to hiring one

At £80.00 it looks like I'll be having a go at making one, thanks for all of your help and suggestions.

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 23:48:22 »
its smooth & round inside with two prongs that protrude and fit into the holes in the hub lock nut.

That sounds nasty, like they don't want tanyone t be able to fix the thing.  I'd suggest you make one (you could earna few quid hiring it out ;)).
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal