AuthorTopic: water pump ?  (Read 512 times)

Offline ade666

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
water pump ?
« on: June 14, 2008, 22:26:07 »
hi all. cruising along the a50 this evening kept hearing a squealing fanbelt so pulled over and popped the bonnet and hey presto its mine cause theres water persisting all over the show. turned the engine off, the temp guage hadn't moved, then checked the header tank there was still water in it so hopefully haven't done the head gasket. but the water pump is shot its leeking from behind the pulley wheel and the nice rac man pointed out it was broken. anyway never replaced one so what do i need and how hard is it
"matilda" disco 300 tdi, blue, x9 special edtion, alisport intercooler and turbo upgrade, tomcat external cage, ome lift.

"ermintrude" disco 300tdi auto es

Offline POTASH

Attack Member
    • cheshire
Re: water pump ?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 23:01:22 »
its easy the only problem is unoing the bolts, i just put lots of wd40 on and they came out easy, where abouts in cheshire are you
discovery200tdi homemade snorkel
                        homemade steering guard
                  homemade tank guard 
                  homemade light bar

Offline ade666

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 23:17:09 »
hi potash. i'm in crewe too mate. its typical land rover thing. going on holiday tuesday for week so don't need the car. its at a mates garage so might get him to sort it. would like to do it myself so when i happens again i can sort it but won't get chance this i don't think. been doing some searching and would it be best to bite the bullet and buy genuine or a paddocks cheapy
"matilda" disco 300 tdi, blue, x9 special edtion, alisport intercooler and turbo upgrade, tomcat external cage, ome lift.

"ermintrude" disco 300tdi auto es

Offline POTASH

Attack Member
    • cheshire
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 23:36:10 »
i got mine from paddocks, and its been ok so far, if you ever want an hand with anything i can always help ;)
discovery200tdi homemade snorkel
                        homemade steering guard
                  homemade tank guard 
                  homemade light bar

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal