AuthorTopic: will terrano mk1 hubs fit a terrano2  (Read 1372 times)

Offline jamesey

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • land rover recovery service.
  • Referrals: 0
will terrano mk1 hubs fit a terrano2
« on: June 03, 2008, 15:41:21 »
hi my n/s freewheeling hub has faulted and i need a new one , my terrano is a round headlight 2 model and i wondered if a mk 1 auto hub would fit , also the front uj has nearly snapped , the one that connects to the gearbox end , what are these like to do , thanks

Offline Jonathan M

Attack Member
Re: will terrano mk1 hubs fit a terrano2
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 23:54:55 »
James, what fault has the hub got? If it is a broken snap ring they are apparently not too bad to replace, or too costly either. I also know of several people who've replaced their auto hubs with manual AVM hubs from Milners. 

I'm not sure if the hubs from a Mk1 Terrano would suit a later model, there may be significant differences. keep an eye on e-bay as they often come up on there.

Interestingly the later T2's (mines a 2001 wagon) came fitted with dumb hubs, no auto or manual lockers to faff around with at all. I've got a feeling that someone on the nissan 4x4 owners club did look in the past at fitting these to an older wagon but they found a different number of splines on the driveshaft.
Nissan terrano 2 SWB Kumho tyres hella lights

Offline jamesey

Attack Member
  • land rover recovery service.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 01:42:43 »
the defective on has got a ring thing that comes off in your hand and looks like it should be attached to a spring or somthing plus there is ment to be 2 shoulders on it mine only has 1 the other has snapped off , does this make sense :doh:

Offline Terranosaurus

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 08:13:08 »
Stick some photos up so we can see what you mean, as I put in my reply elsewhere calling em Terrano Mk1 is confusing I think you just mean early model rectangular headlighted model whereas you've got the round headlights and Jonathan M has the late square type, they are all R20 Terrano's the true Terrano 1 is a WD21 if I remember corectly and the front end looks like an early D21 pickup (butt ugly). Big Blue Maverick on here and uknissan has got late model drive flanges on his 95/96 truck so I think they ar interchangeable.

aAlso have a look in the manual

http://bebrs.pie-dabas.net/Webs/Terrano/R20/fwd.pdf
Nissan 4WD CLUB
Humber and Yorks 4x4 Response
PJ Parts - Motor Trade Workshop Consumables
2000Y 2.7TDi Terrano II
Raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support on the Mac 4x4 Challenge - www.justgiving.com/mac4x4nissan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal