AuthorTopic: How much is this worth ????  (Read 1099 times)

Offline shrekster

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
How much is this worth ????
« on: June 01, 2008, 19:15:00 »
Hi,  I have been looking for a tow vehicle for a while, and i have just been offered a nissan patrol 4.2 diesel s.w.b. L reg . it is in good condition it looks and drives fine and everything works. its got 12 months m.o.t and 1 months tax.  I have had a few 4x4s but never one of these.

so i could do with a couple questions answering please..

1   what are they like for towing  ?
2   How much is it worth   ?
3   Any ideas on m.p.g  ?

Thank you for reading this and i look forward to your reply..
YOURE ONLY SUPPOSED TO BLOW THE BLOODY DOORS OFF

Offline Tommo

Attack Member
Re: How much is this worth ????
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 21:08:46 »
they are an interesting breed. infinitly tough but if it breaks it will probably cost you more than the vehicles worth for anything substantial. i think a starter motor is £600 from nissan.

there just isnt enough of them about thats the problem.

the 4.2d is fabulous to drive as long as your not in a hurry. you never need to rev it, great for towing.

and check for rot, any rot near the back end is a nightmare, sills are easy enough to weld up but the back end has a hibit of disintegrating on them. look for power steering leaks etc as they could prove very costly.

bloke down my road has one but its a 2.8 Turbo and to have the head gasket and cam belt done was over a grand. although im not sure if the 4.2 has a belt. might be gear driven.

check gearbox for wear,

basically any faults that havent been fixed previously are probably the expensive ones to fix.
Land Rover Tourettes Crew

www.sniff-my-diff.com

Offline Tommo

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 21:11:13 »
oh, mpg shouldnt be too bad. 18+ mpg easily. could well get into mid 20's on a run.

if its got plenty of mot then its worth over a grand. seen some immaculate top spec ones go for silly money on ebay.
Land Rover Tourettes Crew

www.sniff-my-diff.com

Offline shrekster

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 21:46:00 »
i have spoken to the seller today, and he has just put a new alternator and 2 new battries on it these have cost him 570 quid. it also had a new starter last october at a cost of 280 quid. so i drove it , i liked it, so i brought it...

:clap:

Thanks for your views.
YOURE ONLY SUPPOSED TO BLOW THE BLOODY DOORS OFF

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal