AuthorTopic: mot failure today  (Read 794 times)

Offline craftycarper

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
mot failure today
« on: May 22, 2008, 19:26:10 »
This landy has been off the road for over a year now while i have been doing  odd jobs on it, including welding and then spraying it up. Any how took it up the road for the mot and she failed on offside wheel bearing and spongy brake pedal :'( gets her home and gets the wheel bearing sorted but do you think i can get the brakes sorted  :x round and round and round i go always to find that air is back in the cylinder where i started....now when i got this motor it had new linnings all round, new cylinders all round and i believe the guy had two masters on it within a month  before i got it, i have also stuck a new pipe section across the front x member and two new flexi hoses on the front. As i went round it for the last time this afternoon before giving up for the day i noticed that on the last rear wheel (offside) when i was bleeding it a whistling sort of noise was being emitted from the wheel opposite which i had just bled,whatever i do , nothing seems to work, i,ve got a half hard pedal that can more a less hit the floor if enough pressure is applied, it's a non servo model...

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
Re: mot failure today
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 10:29:23 »
pressurise the system and find the leak.
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline Lucy1978

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 12:03:24 »
sounds like a leaky nipple  :oops:

Offline craftycarper

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 23:26:23 »
sorted, traced the air squeek to rear nearside cylinder and replaced, then changed the master...pedal now high and proud ready to go back down the garage first thing tuesday morning

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal