AuthorTopic: door rubbing strips  (Read 1076 times)

Offline wanabeoffroader

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
door rubbing strips
« on: May 19, 2008, 21:59:18 »
i know this isnt a freelander problem apart from that its on my freelander but  does ne one know best way to remove rubber strip on door cause mine is coming of and carnt get it to stick back  :angry: on i dont know wots best to use so think im going to have to take it right of and clean it and start again ne hints from ne one wud be great  :D
steve

Offline carbore

Attack Member
Re: door rubbing strips
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 12:35:01 »
Never done it, but if i did....

I would make sure I did it on a warm day, park in the sun and then use heat to get it very warm/hot.  A very good hairdryer is best, you could use a hot air gun if you were very very careful, but dont strip the paint/burn the rubber. If you cant touch it its been too hot is my rule for that sort of thing.

You then need something to get under the strip I would avoid any metal paint scraper an use a strong flexible plastic thing possibly raid the kitchen or go to a diy shop and find something for applying filler for example.

Then just work along the thing with a but of heat, leverage, slow and steady.  Possibly some white spirit may help, but dont get a hot hot air gun on that !!!!

I think patience is you best tool on that job.
CORNISH SPRINT AND HILLCLIMB CHAMPION 2009

Lotus Elise (Tuned/lightened for sprint racing Championship winner 2009)
Freelander 1 TD4 Auto AKA the Big Black Bus (Brownchurch Roof Rack, Hatch Bag rear liner)
Ferguson T20 "Grey Fergie" TVO Tractor 1951

Offline wanabeoffroader

Attack Member
Re: door rubbing strips
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 22:45:06 »
thanx think i will try that at weekend hopefully weather will be good  but then it is a bank holiday so probly wont be  :lol:
steve

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal