AuthorTopic: jimny vs pajero  (Read 1997 times)

Offline jamesey

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • land rover recovery service.
  • Referrals: 0
jimny vs pajero
« on: May 16, 2008, 10:46:41 »
im thinking of swaping the jim for a swb 2.8 pajero , do you think this is a good move for green lanning

Offline damohick

Attack Member
Re: jimny vs pajero
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 12:33:57 »
depends how much you use it I'd say ... one of my mates had one and it only did about 17mpg but the the do look good, there's more room in them and you can tow more with one

Offline glaggs

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 14:19:23 »
No, but for every day use probably. The Padjero is a more comfy, and quicker on the road. The independant front suspession can be a limiting factor off road, although on a recent outing our group included a SWB padjero on Simex copies and it copedd very well, in fact on 'mud hole' we encountered managed to stop all the Land rovers in the party while my Jimny, the Padjero and a Ssangyong Musso (LWB) sailed through without a problem. As for parts for mods, some are available but they're not cheap.
..V..

Offline jamesey

Attack Member
  • land rover recovery service.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 17:57:46 »
i go laning every sunday , and ive had 2 of them but only lwb pajes  , i miss them really , if not it will be a shogun pininn animal ??

Offline chrislj

Attack Member
  • Deeper the better
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 12:31:11 »
I have a Jimny and a pajero LWB.  I have taken them both laning. 

They are both competent offroad.  The Jimny is standard with road tyres and the ground clearance is not that good, Scrapped the underneath many times. Got it down happy valley easily though. Not much room inside. I am 6.4" and sitting in the jimny all day would probably give me a DVT. Also have the windows open all the time because I have smacked my head on the glass before now going over unexpected bumps.   

The pajero being a LWB has ton's of room for dogs and kids. I have spent £90 on rear springs for a 2" lift (wined torsion bars up on the front) lifted the body 40mm making spacers.  It's a good Greenlaner for the family and comfy.

Overall

Jimny could get places the pajero defiantly couldn't with a few minor mods. Pajero is a comfy well built machine that has been able to deal with everything so far, Just lanes, etc with minor dints etc

Everyone knows that Suzukis are giant killers.

Offline rollazuki

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 07:55:59 »
Yeah, Pajero is a nice truck, never hammered mine offroad as its far too pretty, but the limited slip diff in the back helps when it gets slippery. They tow so well you would be amazed, Gwagon and trailer no problem. Nice refinements inside to ensure you are relaxed. Plus you arrive in quiet air conditioned comfort, knowing the Japanese build quality WILL get you home again.......

Ps, Ive got a smashing Pajero for sale...... :wink:

Rollazuki
Go on....cut me in half........it says SUZUKI all the way thru the middle!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal