AuthorTopic: error codes  (Read 3159 times)

Offline spinkster

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
error codes
« on: May 14, 2008, 17:47:47 »
Ok took the freelander into my local guy who's computer chatted with my computer then laughed a bit and maybe made a date for friday evening at the cinema.....however my guy took the codes and recommended main dealer for the repair and diagnosis...........i duly took her to main dealer but thought i would throw the codes open to the floor to see what i may be expecting.....so here they are

1...4496 Rail pressure monitoring deviation
2... 4704 Prefeed pressure monitor below working pressure
3...7669 Immobiliser wrong code received
4...400 Rail pressure sensor signal too high

so come on clever peeps......whats the online diagnosis lol.......by the way its an 03 plate td4 with 120thou on the clock
Its only kinky the first time

spinks

1988 110csw 200tdi retro fitted

Offline andyhubbard

Attack Member
Re: error codes
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 23:00:21 »
Can possible help with number 3 as i had problems last week,i was told that if a BMW is parked close by and uses their remote to open the car they have been known to mess up Landrover alarm systems.

Offline G30RGE

Attack Member
  • County Durham
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 14:09:16 »
Apart from alarm code

No real definitive answer but pointing to fuel sensor

Check fuel pressures
2004 Disco II G4 Le - Borrego Yellow
1999 Disco II - Borrego Yellow

Offline Doobreydog

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 14:29:42 »
Can possible help with number 3 as i had problems last week,i was told that if a BMW is parked close by and uses their remote to open the car they have been known to mess up Landrover alarm systems.

We started a similar load of b0110cks when I worked at Nissan in the early days of OBD...Basically anything that wasnt understood by the tech guys was always put down to OBD picking up stray signals from nearby vehicles....

Got to the stage where nobody wanted to park in town center multi storey but would prefer to risk car being stolen down a side street....Thing to be noted is that very few vehicles had any sort of RF device that could have affcted them even if parked next door on same frequency the alarm/immobiliser plips are coded so near impossible to find another vehicle that it would work on.

Try walking round any large group of motors pressing your fob...betcha it wont open any......then go back to the place with BMW bu11sh1t and ask them to do the same
FREELANDER V6 LPG...GO GAS

http://www.mad-freelanders.org.uk/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal