AuthorTopic: 3.5 EFI wont go - update  (Read 5351 times)

Offline beattiedh

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
3.5 EFI wont go - update
« on: February 12, 2005, 23:31:41 »
Hi Guys

Made this post in the disco section. Can anyone help as this engine seems to be much more of a rangie engine?

http://forums.mud-club.com/viewtopic.php?t=5974&sid=53ae907e804a05ffa88cf828843c3d68

thanks

Duncan
Life is simply better when driving through mud!!

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
3.5 EFI wont go - update
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 01:58:23 »
I was just gettng a sense of Deja Vue when I read the post properly.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline way2deep

Attack Member
starting
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 01:27:32 »
i know this may  sound strange but have you checked dizzy drive,i have known these to be broke but still run ok untill disturbed.
robbie
200 tdi rangie  1989  4dr

Offline DaveS

Attack Member
3.5 efi won't start
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 14:22:56 »
:cry: My rangie did exactly the same, I consulted our local independent who told me it was flooded.   I followed their advice:
_
I took out all the plugs(after labelling leads with bits of masking tape) cleaned all the plugs,cranked the engine to blow out the cyls, and warmed plugs before refitting. Removed the lead to the cold start injector then cranked it- first time it started then died, got p*ssed off (it was getting dark) so left it till next day.

Repeated the process and it started! So I let it idle till warm then gave it a good run.(Gave it a good thrash really!)
Next morning I reconnected the cold start injector and it started. It was definitely overfuelling as it ran rough and stunk of petrol for a while. Now it seems okay!

My problems also started after fiddling with the dizzy-trying to fit a waterproofing kit. Damn Land Rovers! :evil:

Sounds like you might have the same problem, hope it helps. :lol:
DS
V8 Rangie love it!!SOLD
Kia Sorento XS. (SWMBOs car)
Renault Megane CC(my everyday car)

Offline beattiedh

Attack Member
really angry now - posted in disocs aswell
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 16:47:46 »
Quick update

1) Removed all plugs and cleaned with wire brush.
2) Went to Halfords to buy new sety of Bosch leads after two of the old ones fell apart!!
3) Turned over engine to empty cylinders.
3) She fired up first time although blowing a lot of blue smoke and misfiring. Turned off ad reconnected airflow etc.
4) Tried to start again and would not keep turning over and trying to start but will not.
5) Have checked all of the leads and they are getting a good healthy spark.

This is the original Disty and arm as it was working with that. All I can think is now that it that the timing is totally off.

Looks like it will have to be towed to a garage and let them do their thing with it, not that i can really afford it now but hey ho.

Is there any thing else I can try as I am getting really desperate. Every thing is back the way it should be but with new leads now.

many thanks

Duncan
Life is simply better when driving through mud!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal