AuthorTopic: Round Britain's coast by kayak  (Read 278 times)

Offline Defender

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Round Britain's coast by kayak
« on: May 12, 2008, 20:01:04 »
I had nothing better to do today, so decided to go for a pleasant walk along our local beach. Part way along I came across a couple of tents pitched just above the high tide mark here. Next to the tents were a couple of sea kayaks, so I stopped to have a chat to the guy loading gear into them.
He told me that he & his friend were in the middle of a 'Round Britain's coast by kayak' event. :clap: They had crossed from Point of Ayr on the North Wales coast with the tide & were then planning on heading to Blackpool before heading across Morecambe Bay to Cumbria.
He did comment on having to drag the kayaks up the beach & anyone that knows the coast around Formby & Southport will know that when the tide goes out, it goes out miles. :lol: He told me they prefer steep, but short beaches rather than flat beaches like this.
They're not doing the event for charity, but just for themselves. They are however asking people to donate to the RNLI if they wish.
After a short chat, I wished them a safe journey & left them to loading their gear.
I always feel that meeting people like this is one of life's good experiences.
Paul.
GLASS Lancs & Cumbria Rep.

Offline kizz81

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Round Britain's coast by kayak
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 20:57:37 »
wow thats impressive :clap:
Ever dreamed about travelling to the land of the midnight sun? visit our website for more info!
www.freespirit4x4.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal