AuthorTopic: Frontera 2.3td stalling problem  (Read 1878 times)

Offline tara

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Frontera 2.3td stalling problem
« on: May 10, 2008, 01:19:06 »
Hi i have a vauxhall frontera 2.3 tdi, L reg, Diesal
Basically i was out in it the other day and the car cut out then started stalling the clutch peddle then felt really light and it kept jolting back slightly when i put it in reverse so i had it towed home, now i can start the car fine but as soon as i try and put it in reverse to try to reverse from my parking space it jumps back slightly and then stalls i have changed the slave cylinder but still no luck? i cannot work out what is wrong with it it is un drivable at the moment as i cannot put it in reverse when the car is turned off i can put it in to all the gears fine soon as i turn the car on and try to put it in reverse it jumps back and then stalls any help would be greatly appreciated as i no nothing really about these jeeps, i have been told it could be a few things 1 being gearbox oil but i had a service 6 months ago and am guessing they would have checked this? thanks again for reading.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 02:23:49 by tara »

Offline andyb

Attack Member
    • Tilshead, Wiltshire
Re: Frontera 2.3td stalling problem
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 12:15:38 »
Have you tried it in any forward gears? Does it do the same?

Is the clutch pedal still light even after changing the slave cylinder? Have you tried clamping the flexible hose from the master to the slave cylinders? If the pedal is still light then it would indicate that the master cylinder is at fault.

It maybe worth checking the gearbox oil level. Yes it should have been checked at service time (certainly I do :) ) but I'm don't think that a low gearbox oil level would give the symtoms that you describe.

Try out what I have described above and post back results here.

Good luck :)

Offline 666

Attack Member
Re: Frontera 2.3td stalling problem
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 15:27:00 »
Bit of a long shot,

But a few fronteras have suffered from cracked bulkheads, when you press the clutch peddle down you think you have pushed it to the floor but the bulk head has flexed! Might be worth a look at ;)

Cheers

Mark

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal