AuthorTopic: Good recommendation  (Read 1594 times)

Offline carracarra13

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • just add mud lots of mud
  • Referrals: 0
Good recommendation
« on: May 04, 2008, 09:56:14 »
well folks just wanted to say what a good recommendation ,
 we bought a 1993 2.5 turbo diesel shogun  about three months ago,  if any one tells you they should not be used off road tell them they do not not what they are talking about (just use you head) ours gets used very regally off road and dose not miss a beat , its on road tyres and standard running gear, which makes it even more impressive, we got stuck on one rout (lack of ground Clarence) so going to lift her "2 when funds allow and fit a winch properly,  you wont break any land speed records but who cares when they can and do perform so well and the comfort is lush no more back pains (you no what I mean if you have driven some other 4x4s not slating any though) , the other thing we have found so far is its not a leper (bits don't drop off )lol, a couple of draw backs might be 25 miles to the gallon, and some of you might find the lack of speed a right pain but don't forget they also do a 2.8 diesel and a three litre petrol so if you fancy more power there are other options  all in all a very good work horse and family 4x4 I hope this helps any one thinking of getting one to have a drive in one and be surprised (I was) so we bought one.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 01:29:27 by Frankie-Boy »
v8 3.9 se discovery
pland mod lpg or hydrogen kit ?
allterains
twin battery, and water proofing engin and electrics
imverta

Offline chrislj

Attack Member
  • Deeper the better
Re: Good recomendation
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 12:35:24 »
Yes matey, I am on my second one, the acceleration is bearable. 

Would definitely recommend the 2" lift kit, saves your side steps, for a while anyway.  My Dad has had landies and was cursing when I bought Japanese, but has since been surprised how well it fares offroad.

When this one breaks eventually, I will probably buy another one and swoop my tweaks over.

I have never been in a 2.8 lwb, It would be good to see what the power difference is to the 2.5.

Offline pj's paj

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 18:23:58 »
I got a 2.5 SWB (pajero), i just serviced my neighbours 2.8 LWB Shoggie, WOW, the 2.8 just blows the 2.5 away, when mine eventually dies (or I kill it). I will deffo be looking for a 2.8 SWB :dance:

Offline tom38

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 19:51:31 »
yes 2.8 has more power but fuel economy low on them may as well consider v6 :grin:
freelander td4
vauxhall astra estate

Offline chrislj

Attack Member
  • Deeper the better
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 07:24:49 »
Had A v6 once, cracking motor with tones of power but you cannot run it on biodiesel!!!!!

Offline alaric

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 11:59:58 »
The 2.8 diesel is at least as economical as the 2.5, and gives 125 bhp instead of 89. It's definitely more comfortable pulling a 2 tonne car around!

It's still not going to win many races, though, certainly as an auto.

I've not been in a petrol Pajero/Shogun, but they are rumoured to be as economical as the diesel if you can resist the temptation to floor it too often! Certainly my Land Cruiser does about 25 mpg on a run with 7 people on board - that's a 3.4 V6 LC90/Colorado - so very similar to the Pajero.

Alaric.
"Act your shoe size, not your age..."

2012 Subaru Outback

marjan

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 19:45:22 »
My 3.0 V6 is very economical as it runs on LPG  :D :D :D

Offline carracarra13

Attack Member
  • just add mud lots of mud
Re: Good recommendation
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 23:56:50 »
I must admit we go off roading a lot but wont be for a while as truck disel pump gone rong, then mot in july what a pain, but such as life the truck (betsy) has had some very tough of roading I think runnel did it  :oops: any one who saw us there a couple of weeks ago will no what we mean
v8 3.9 se discovery
pland mod lpg or hydrogen kit ?
allterains
twin battery, and water proofing engin and electrics
imverta

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal