AuthorTopic: Hi All  (Read 1203 times)

Offline sheep600fx

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Hi All
« on: April 30, 2008, 15:28:01 »
Hi all I am a fairly new owner of a Disco 1 and fancy havin a play, Its fitted with all terrain tyres but is standard apart from that. I live in Dulverton and have got bored with going through tar steps ford  :lol: and need some mud flinging fun so if anyone knows any good green lanes locally and fancies taking on a newbie, I can offer Bacon butties and homemade cream teas in exchange ;)

Sean

Offline sleeplessparadise

Attack Member
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 15:52:36 »
hello and welcome :D Sorry my geography is rubbish but sure there will be someone local to you!
Helen aka Sleeplessparadise aka Mrsjohnty
defender 90 Td5 LilRed  SIIa 109 Stationwagon Bluebell
NBH LOC

Offline Lincs niva

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 16:26:11 »
Hiya welcome to mud club :D

Cheers Gav
Yorkshire and Lincolnshire 4x4 Response
www.yorks-lincs4x4response.org

Offline crazymac

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 20:54:02 »
Hi and welcome, hope you find what you need!!

minor point! please try and avoid "mud flinging" and "greenlaning" in the same sentence!! I know I'm being petty, but we are having real problems with greenlanes, because some elements are going mud plugging on them!!

There are greenlanes with mud, but they need to have a sustainable surface underneath! if you want to "mudplug" then please go to a pay and play site! Use of simple words help, when you are going greenlaning! don't say that you are going "offroad" because you are not! greenlanes are merely unsurfaced rights of way or Unclassified roads, so you are "on Roading" not off!!

enjoy!
I HAVE THE BODY OF A GOD

shame its Budda!!

Offline sheep600fx

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 21:53:37 »
Point taken,I am a sensibleish chap and  I have lived in the country all my life and I suppose for me its common sense not to destroy what you love hence why I would only ever get dirty on land approved for such a purpose,(have recently found a couple of pay and play sites local) I do get a bit annoyed that people seem to think that anyone who fancies exploring the countryside in a vehicle is a yob, I find that "some" tourists/townies who walk around here are more likely to destroy an enviroment with their litter,arrogance and disregard for local culture!!!.Otherwise I just enjoy exploring the country around me and am priveliged to see all sorts of wild life on my travels.And have found that animals can be less spooked by a Disco than someone on foot! and see many deer that will happily stand and watch me for minutes with my rattling diesel  :)
Anyway sorry to go on  :roll:
Sean

Offline swardell

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 18:27:29 »
Hi/welcome

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 20:39:59 »
Hello and welcome to the club :afro:

Don't be sorry you sound like you'll fit in just great ;)
so many hills , so little time ....
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal