AuthorTopic: Brakes Help!  (Read 466 times)

Offline Sabo

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Brakes Help!
« on: April 29, 2008, 20:18:24 »
Hi
I am STUCK.
Had a problem a bit back where brake oil had flowed out of the top of the brake reservoir.  So I changed the front callipers and the master cylinder fo good measure.  When driving along the car seemed sluggish and on level ground would stop on it's own accord  (more than normal)  thought it might be because of the mt tyres.  Noticed a sutty smell sometimes when I got out of the car so kept looking underneath but could not find anything.  So I thought i'd check the wheel bearings, started on the NSF and there was soot!  Tried to release the pads but I had to hammer them out.  Went to the master cylinder and released the two bolts holding it to the servo - pressure was released.  Is this a servo problem??????

supposed to be going to Wales playing at weekend - any advise??????

Dave
Sabo

Offline Defender

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Brakes Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 20:41:32 »
Sounds like the free play needs adjusting between the pedal & the master cylinder / servo. There should be a certain amount of clearance between the pushrod & the master cylinder or the brakes 'pump-up' & the pressure won't release. Result....brakes lock on.
You'll need to check out the workshop manual for the exact clearance & method of adjusting it. :)
Paul.
GLASS Lancs & Cumbria Rep.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal