AuthorTopic: xbox-live (cant cancel)  (Read 1499 times)

Edge

xbox-live (cant cancel)
« on: April 15, 2008, 16:15:59 »
Anyone else attempted to cancel their subscription ???????

Ive tried and tried..... even resorted to changing my credit card details to a fictitious number (they just switch it back to orig details when card comes through as declined and take my money anyway :evil:).
Credit card company tell me i have to fill in a dispute form in order to stop microsoft taking my money :evil: :evil: :evil:.

They also told me they are getting lots of disputes regarding xbox-live.
Now if the form is complicated and drawn out........ that will really top things off :roll:. (Can see a "had my card stolen" call being made).

Offline sleeplessparadise

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: xbox-live (cant cancel)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 16:37:31 »
I know a way for them to drop you like a hot potato...... use a copied disc you will soon be banned  :twisted:
Helen aka Sleeplessparadise aka Mrsjohnty
defender 90 Td5 LilRed  SIIa 109 Stationwagon Bluebell
NBH LOC

Offline carbore

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 09:23:57 »
I remember the same problem.

I had too google for it to find a customer services number on the web or maybe on the x-box live site (it was a few years ago now) I then had to phone someone up with my gamer tag and my card number. Very unprofessional and had the whif of a scam about it, as in deliberatly difficult. I actually complained to the customer services perosn about the fact thet this was not a clear and simple process (unlike signing up !). If you do google of a number make sure you can find it on a trusworthy site like  Microsoft (oxymoron) as I bet that people are chashing in on the fact its not easy to find.

Good luck. Alternativley contact your credit card co, I bet they have had other people with the same problem.

Ps here a one of many liks about the pain http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=75563

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 09:25:55 by carbore »
CORNISH SPRINT AND HILLCLIMB CHAMPION 2009

Lotus Elise (Tuned/lightened for sprint racing Championship winner 2009)
Freelander 1 TD4 Auto AKA the Big Black Bus (Brownchurch Roof Rack, Hatch Bag rear liner)
Ferguson T20 "Grey Fergie" TVO Tractor 1951

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 09:59:28 »
I had wondered how MS continued to take my (legitimate) payments for live - despite me forgetting to update my CC details.....
--
Neil

Offline KingWolf

Attack Member
    • Spalding, Lincs
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 11:32:09 »
I had a probelm last year when Microsoft cancelled my subscription by mistake. Someone rang to cancel theres and mine got booted instead. Took ages to sort out and in the end I had to get a new gamer tag and lost over 3 years of achievement's and game saves.

And just to add insult I never even got an apology..!!!!
96' Discovery XS TDI with Muds, Lightbar, Snorkel, Guardian Tank Guard, Steering Guard, Wading Kit, Winch Bumper and Winch...!!!! Lift kit next..... :-)

Offline strapping young lad

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 15:40:22 »
is the xbox subscription payments taken by DD

cos you can just delete the DD.

Offline freelanderpx54

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 15:47:30 »
The reason that they like credit card deductions is that the continuous authority you sign to have money debited is not as straightforward to cancel and doesn't have the same guarantees that a direct debit mandate has.

As said, write to the credit card company cancelling the continuous authority and ask them to ensure that no further authorities can be set up without your prior consent

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 21:38:00 »
Or stop paying your credit card.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Edge

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 18:08:35 »
Still no dispute form.... phoning card company now.... (just lost my card on way home from work  :^o).

Offline freelanderpx54

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 18:12:13 »
"Losing" your card isn't enough to cancel the continuous authority. You need to write to the card company and cancel it.

Edge

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 15:01:57 »
(They still have authority on the cancelled card)  New card issued..... with new card number (which xbox live dont have  :dance:).  been told new card will arrive in 10 days  :dance: :dance:.
For xbox live to take money from me now... i will need to inform them of my new card number (which i will not be doing ever again).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 15:04:06 by Edge »

Offline freelanderpx54

Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 21:11:32 »
It might be a cancelled card but they are taking money out of the account that services that card. It might be prudent to check so that you don't get a surprise.

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 21:19:48 »
My son wants to set this up, now I'm not so sure [-X

How much is it anyway??
so many hills , so little time ....
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

Edge

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 12:55:09 »
It might be a cancelled card but they are taking money out of the account that services that card. It might be prudent to check so that you don't get a surprise.
Thanks, took your advice and phoned card company.... "any payments to companies using 'lost/stolen card' are cancelled immediately card goes missing. If i have companies that i need to carry on paying via old card.... i need to contact them to give new card number & set up new authorisation  :D.

Lee Celtic
I was paying £4.99 a month..... i think PS3 is free (but aint sure). X-box live is great, but not using it often decided to cancel my subscription. (Well... tried to anyway). Its incredibly easy to set up the account... just connect your xbox to the internet and follow the instructions.... (There is No option to cancel your subscription).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal