AuthorTopic: Heating coils  (Read 1357 times)

Offline jeepguy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Heating coils
« on: April 12, 2008, 10:05:19 »
Hi guys if any of you have read the green laning section im the guy in the cherokee who had to be rescued out of the Corwen car wash.I now need some advice as im new to green laning and jeeps.When i start her up first thing in the morning the ignition doesnt seem as crisp it does start but not as sharp as it used to prior to my bath.Could anyone give me advice on where the coils are and if they are easy to remove clean and replace,thats how green i am,my first opion would be that they go where the spark plugs normally go am i correct in assumming this.I have a 1998 jeep cherokee diesel turbo.Any advice and help would be greatfully recived.Cheers Jeepguy.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 10:17:54 by jeepguy »

Offline ronttuk

Attack Member
Re: Heating coils
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 10:26:11 »
Hi guys if any of you have read the green laning section im the guy in the cherokee who had to be rescued out of the Corwen car wash.I now need some advice as im new to green laning and jeeps.When i start her up first thing in the morning the ignition doesnt seem as crisp it does start but not as sharp as it used to prior to my bath.Could anyone give me advice on where the coils are and if they are easy to remove clean and replace,thats how green i am,my first opion would be that they go where the spark plugs normally go am i correct in assumming this.I have a 1998 jeep cherokee diesel turbo.Any advice and help would be greatfully recived.Cheers Jeepguy.

diesels dont have spark plugs,they have glow plugs!

i would check for water in the air filter then check the glow plugs are dry (which after this time they should be) just try to nip up the electrical connection to the glow plugs to get a better connection,drain the diesel filter see if theres water present if so drain clean or replace,
to be old and wise you must first be yound and foolish

www.motormeet.co.uk

Offline Bishops Finger

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 10:46:55 »
Glow plugs are in similar places to spark plugs...make sure you don't cross thread them...
Jeep drivers don't eat quiche

Offline Dave69

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 21:15:26 »
the glow plugs have a black plastic push on connector, not like the bus bar normally on diesel glow plugs.

one other thing to look at is the front and rear diff vents, if damaged they stand a chance of letting water into the diffs which isnt a good idea as it will promote wear. Not a hard job to drain and replace.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal