AuthorTopic: 2in lift  (Read 723 times)

Offline sean m

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
2in lift
« on: April 09, 2008, 17:30:39 »
Im putting a 2in lift kit on rrc and extended brake pipes does anything else need changing has anyone any personel exsperiance of this and any problems.

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
Re: 2in lift
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 18:38:46 »
That's the minimum you can get away with as long as the brake pipes are long enough!

One piece of advice though, get new turret rings for your front turrets as the studs tend to shear when you try to remove them. If you can, replace the OEM with heavy duty and remember the copper grease!

I use spring compressors to make life easier and if you've got a battery drill and a half inch adaptor, it saves loads of time with a ratchet. :roll:

Good luck!

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 23:58:40 »
I reckon that the springs and shock equate to half what I've spent getting blue right.

http://members.mud-club.com/profiles/Range%20Rover%20Blues/vehicle

It's a matter of personal tatste how you get the car to handle, but this is my truck and it's how I like it.

Also the variation between vehicles within tolerance can mean that once lifted some truck are ok and some downright awful.

Suck it and see.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline barriesheene

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 00:10:21 »
My advice is get in there and have a go, but...............If you want the car back on the road asap try not to go past the point of no return  [-X What I mean is a snapped bolt my not be the end of the world but two in sucsession HHMMMMMM.  It's a rangie so there WILL be some rot and you might be surprised at just how much  :shock: I'd say you'll have a good idea by the time you get half way around the body mount's. Oh and make sure that there is someone with you but not a spose,girlfriend or lover  :twisted: You will need them for moral support and an extra pair of eye's during the actual lift :lol:
CBR900RR FIREBLADE ( urban tiger GGRRRRRR !!!!!) SOLD needed money to fix the rangie
2.5 PAJERO LWB EXCEED
AVONDALE MAYFLY SOLD needed money to fix the rangie
RANGEROVER 3.9 V8 STRAIGHT THROUGH EXHAUST AND VERY MUDDY :) makes me laugh everytime i rev it

Offline Range Rover Ron

Attack Member
    • Bebington, Wirral.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 18:00:14 »
Are you talking 2" lift as in body lift or do you mean changing the shocks & springs?????

A 2" body lift is a lot of work,
You'll have to take off and fit spacers to all the body mounts.
The mounts will probably be well rusted and may well snap when grunt is applied.

If you're up-grading the springs and shocks to 2" longer items then this can be done quite easy,
the best way of doing it is with spring compressors,
if you dont have these a good jack will do the job,
the brake pipes do not really need changing but it is peace of mind.

Good luck,

Ron.
Ronnie Wood, LLROC

Suicide:- a permanent sollution to a temporary problem!

ONE LIFE. LIVE IT.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal