AuthorTopic: Exhaust fabrication - near oxford/banbury  (Read 996 times)

anaxemurderer

Exhaust fabrication - near oxford/banbury
« on: April 08, 2008, 16:57:44 »
Need to get a custom rear section exhaust made up. Its a very simple bend in pipe with an olive welded on the end but i don't have time or facilities to do it myself at the moment.

Anybody now of someone reasonable around oxford/banbury area who could do it? Could possibly do it round windsor area aswell but thats probably going to be more expensive!

Cheers

Nick

Offline adafish

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Exhaust fabrication - near oxford/banbury
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 20:17:59 »
try ya local exhaust n tyre fitter, we found ours..MR.TYRE by just driving round industrial estates..

Offline Litch

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 20:23:06 »
Try ringing a few engineering workshops and ask if they have a pipe-bender on the premisis that can also manufacture flanges, if they have then they can do it for you. I know there was a place in Brackley that used to do it (up at the top end of town near the old train-station) but I have feeling they went several years ago.
The last time I had this done was by a place in Bedford (where I now live) but once again they have since moved on. They manufactured a complete V8 exhaust for me which was made out of some serious gauge steel so rot was never going to be an issue! I just gave them the templates and they set to work, I then took the sections home and if they needed tweaking I took them back where they made the necessary adjustments.  The olives where the down-pipes met the manifolds were formed out of the steel-pipe by the machine, a really good piece of kit that made it an easy job. At the time I think I paid about £100 which was quite a good deal.
ONE LIFE, GET IT!

Offline auf_wiedersehen_pet

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 21:01:20 »
Longlife Leamington Spa
Spa Motors
Unit 11, Longfield Road
Sydenham Industrial Estate
Leamington Spa
Warks, CV31 1XB

Custom built - is this close?
Rob Steele

1995 Land Rover Discovery 300 TDi - Everyday Car (Ex Jap)
2007 Toyota Avensis 2.2 T-180 - Sensible Car (Ex TSB Bank)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal