AuthorTopic: pc help  (Read 281 times)

Offline muddymud

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
pc help
« on: April 05, 2008, 21:30:34 »
i have quite a few pictures that i want to put in a folder with other pictures but i cant because there are some pictures with the same name. when i try to rename the pictures it comes up saying "if you change a file name extension, the file may become unusable" when i do change the name you cant open the picture. is there something i can change to allow me to rename the pictures either on my computer or digi cam or am i guna have to stick the pictures in a different folder?

Cheers,
Nick

Offline waveydavey

Attack Member
Re: pc help
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 21:37:34 »
Just have a look at what they are .JPG .GIF etc and add that on the end of the new filename that you choose.
P38 Range Rover (BMW !!!)
Off Road camping Trailer - SA Design
And a boat - if you can call QM2 a boat?

Offline Mark_Solesbury

Attack Member
Re: pc help
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 09:57:58 »
Its config for windows.

Its set at the moment to show the file extension. I prefer this view, but you have to add the extension on the end when you rename files.

If you would prefer windows not to show this, then in a folder click Tools -> Folder Options, View Tab, then at the bottom of the current list view should be Hide File Extension of known types.

If this is ticked, Windows will hide the extension (jpg, bmp, png) and you can just type a name.

Also, if you are on XP you can highlight a load of images, press F2, type a name for them, and they will all be renamed to that name with a number after them - Nick, Nick(1), Nick(2) etc.

Hope this helps :)
Mark

1996 300tdi 90
External/Internal Cage
Maxi Drive Locking Diffs
Snorkel
AliSport Intercooler

Northants4x4.com Admin - Northants4x4 Response Trustee

Offline muddymud

Attack Member