AuthorTopic: PAS Pump Help  (Read 463 times)

Offline McSwerve

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
PAS Pump Help
« on: March 31, 2008, 14:41:12 »
HELP!!

My 1987 Defender started off life with a 2.5 Diesel engine. It has since had a RRC 3.5V8 (Carbs) installed. However the original Power Steering Pump was retained.

It’s fixed in place with two bolts, one 100mm ‘ish fixing through the slotted mounting plate, to the lower of the two holes in the engine block. The second (upper) bolt is to a piece of angle, and doesn’t look ‘right’. Presumably a ‘fix’ to utilise the original pump and mounting plate.

The original pump (ECT9077, with a Banjo connection to the high pressure side) failed, and needs replacing.

I’m not sure I want to used the same set up, as the pump was not sitting totally parallel with the engine (presumably due to the angle bracket) and that’s probably why it failed.

So my options appear to be:
Replace the pump with the same and machine a better mounting plate using both the block mounted fixings.
Replace with a RRC pump, but I’m not sure if it has the same connections, and I’d then have to replace the Hydraulic hoses.

Any thoughts which of the two options above would be suitable, or are there any other solutions?

Cheers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal