AuthorTopic: 110 Window Tinting + Window removal.....  (Read 910 times)

Offline hrh_dave

• Administrator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Lybster, Caithness
  • Referrals: 1
110 Window Tinting + Window removal.....
« on: March 29, 2008, 19:17:56 »
Hi all

No Im not wanting to pimp my ride!!!! Just wanting to cut down the heat of the summer for the doggies...... Have got some film off ebay...... and now just needing to get round to fitting it..... anyone got any tips for doing this..... Any would be much appreciated....

Cheers

Dave
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 02:13:18 by hrh_dave »
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
www.terranomade.co.uk

Offline Rasbo

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: 110 Window Tinting
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 20:28:16 »
dont take any shortcuts for one, if your going to do it take glass out of doors, rubber trim off around all the fixed glass and apply it to the inside of the glass. start of with a small patch and slowly apply to rest of surface with a instrament such as a wiper blade or ice remover etc. if u get any bubbles make a small hole with a pin and rub with a cloth. heating gently with a hairdryer whils applying can help with adesive as well

andy
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 20:30:19 by Rasbo »
'88 90 300tdi
DFYTR.com

Offline hrh_dave

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Lybster, Caithness
Re: 110 Window Tinting + Window removal........
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 02:12:16 »
Is there any easy way for removing the rear window glass in the slide windows........
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
www.terranomade.co.uk

Offline Jimbo

Attack Member
Re: 110 Window Tinting + Window removal.....
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 16:26:46 »
I used the stuff (from Halfrauds !) that you use soapy water to lubricate it with............I was in a hurry, it does the job, but it looks a complete pile of cack  :angry:

As has been said above, ideally take the glass out, clean it good and proper, and lay the glass on a soft surface. With the stuff I used, you spray a soapy solution over the glass, take the backing paper off the tint, and apply it working from one corner diagonally across the glass - two pairs of hands helps here. Then use a small, blunt straight edge (credit card sized piece of flexible plastic) and smooth your way from the middle of the glass to the outside edges - the soapy water solution will get squeezed out as you go. Then leave it all to dry................it takes a while apparently !. Then use a sharp blade to trim the excess - then refit the glazing rubber, and then refit the glass.
Jim

TDV6 HSE D3
Defender 110 Td5 Hard top, BFG MT's, and no EGR either

http://www.hertfordshire4x4response.net

Offline Rasbo

Attack Member
Re: 110 Window Tinting + Window removal........
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 10:12:11 »
Is there any easy way for removing the rear window glass in the slide windows........

put a tree through them :lol:

i'm guessing just peel back the rubber and take the whole thing out, ive got van sides so only a guess.
'88 90 300tdi
DFYTR.com

Offline hrh_dave

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Lybster, Caithness
Re: 110 Window Tinting + Window removal.....
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 10:46:39 »
Going about it in a different way....... going to make some window templates and then cut the film from them.....
www.terranomade.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal