AuthorTopic: which bushes  (Read 339 times)

Offline discodave

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
which bushes
« on: March 24, 2008, 16:27:43 »
 I am in a quandry i have been recomended standed bushes but i have also been recomended deflex poly bushes this is for a 2" lift  it will mainly be used for long distance expedition use

over to you for advice

thanks
David

muddymart

Re: which bushes
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 19:29:40 »
When i went to adventure 4x4 to get a quote for the polybush kit and gas shocks/springs, they advised me against the £57 deflex kit as they said it wasn't much good , and have had quite a few complaints about bush splitting,

They said either get standard bushes or a GENUINE polybush bush kit, from polybush,

This isn't my opinion at all, just genuine info that was told to me by a reputable company,

Offline mudmatt

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 20:07:58 »
Polybush, done mine and never had a problem :cool:
Matt

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 20:17:59 »
I've got deflex in blue, great fantastic but it makes the front end stiffer and limits travel a tad.

After 2 years i took our the panhard rod bushes to check them, undamaged and if any are going to go it will be them.

Put them in the LSE and it made the ride worse, I regret doing it now.  The car has issues with steering kickback that I don't get on Blue.  If I get the chance I'll go back to rubber, starting with the radisu arm to chassi bushes as they are easy, then perhaps the panhard rod as I can swap the whole thing quickly.

I've heard a lot of manufacturers put down deflex, but they would wouldn't they :-k

Poly bushes are easy to change if you have a spare ste, that might make them an advantage, otherwise I'd say replace all the bushes with rubber OEM spec for the trip.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal