AuthorTopic: Advice - Removing Front Wings  (Read 660 times)

Offline aardvark700

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • My Muddy 90
  • Referrals: 0
Advice - Removing Front Wings
« on: March 06, 2008, 10:00:13 »
Hi All,
Can anyone tell me if I can remove the front wings (for painting) without taking the entire front end apart? Can I remove the outer wings and leave the inner and all the attached bits?? Thanks  :rolleyes:

Offline biggerlandy

Attack Member
Re: Advice - Removing Front Wings
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 10:04:40 »
easy job fidly remove rubber arch put your hand up feel 4 bolts they screw bolts you can get to some just by looking in from under top of wing your bottles are mounted may need to remove some then the inner ones on bulknead and top one on bulhead
just get muddy

Guardian.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 10:16:53 »
fiddly, he aint joking!
ok as long as you havent got proper size hands, if you have a 3 year old, get them to do it.  :lol:

Offline Litch

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 21:36:33 »
It's not a difficult job but a couple of tips to make life easier.

Make sure you have cleaned ALL the muck out from where the wings attach to the bulkhead and then apply some penetrating oil before trying to undo them, it isn't a problem if the screws snap off as you can easily replace them when the wings are off but you don't want to round them off.
Don't worry too much about rying to save the inserts from the plastic rivets that hold the spats on, new rivets are very cheap so I would get a few in before you start as even if you do manage to keep all the parts together some might turn out to be broken.

You can remove the outer wings and leave the inner wings in situ so no problems there.
ONE LIFE, GET IT!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal