AuthorTopic: con artists  (Read 276 times)

Offline stuvy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
con artists
« on: February 29, 2008, 21:59:49 »
i went to an independant LR garage for some brake discs pads etc for the front axle on my Disco, I had looked in LROI before going just as a price comparisson and saw they were £40ish all in including delivery, went to so called garage and they quoted £86 now this was for lockhead  parts not EBC or even grooved discs!!

I made my excuses and left, on the way out there is a main LR dealer 2mins away, popped in to ask a price and thy quoted £65 all in

I think i will get them from the mag and wait, rather than be mugged :clap:
Epsom green Discovery S1, 33" M/T on colour coded rims, 2" Lift Kit, Steering Gaurd with raised steering bars, Rock+Tree sliders, Modded front bumper, Checker plate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 www.DrewsSpeedShop.co.uk

ben_haynes

Re: con artists
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 22:24:04 »
mine cost £25 +VAT from paddocks (Front or Rear) and as i bought both front and rear i got free delivery (over £50 +VAT = free delivery :dance:)

Offline stuvy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: con artists
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 22:26:02 »
hi ben the ones im getting are drilled and grooved delivered for 38 to be exact and i can claim the vat back woooo hoooo :P
Epsom green Discovery S1, 33" M/T on colour coded rims, 2" Lift Kit, Steering Gaurd with raised steering bars, Rock+Tree sliders, Modded front bumper, Checker plate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 www.DrewsSpeedShop.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal