AuthorTopic: springs  (Read 4901 times)

fliptop

springs
« on: February 01, 2005, 13:07:24 »
looking to lift the my 85 rangie, but trying to think of the best way to do it nd aot springs/shocks etc, and the main thing the cheapist way doing it. not sure wot size springs to go to, are is best to place a 2" lift allround.
can someone out there help cheers(new to this you see).

Offline muddysteve

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
springs
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 13:13:02 »
try MM 4x4

they do a good spring and shock pakages at good prices. i've got he 2" kit on my disco

Steve
Steve                www.lanerovers.co.uk    www.surreyoffroaders.co.uk

Offline muddyweb

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
springs
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 13:34:51 »
The *cheapest* way to do it is to fit some spring spacers and use your existing springs :

http://www.mill-services.co.uk/html/spring_lifters.html

You can either then get longer dampers or use a replacement top mounting to lower the damper by a couple of inches.

All the usual issues of suspension mods apply....   brake lines, caster angle, etc.
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fliptop

springs
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 13:44:46 »
Quote from: "muddyweb"
The *cheapest* way to do it is to fit some spring spacers and use your existing springs :

http://www.mill-services.co.uk/html/spring_lifters.html

You can either then get longer dampers or use a replacement top mounting to lower the damper by a couple of inches.

All the usual issues of suspension mods apply....   brake lines, caster angle, etc.
i think i will look into the spring lifters cheers.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal