AuthorTopic: Replacement inner body panels  (Read 597 times)

Offline Dr Strangeglove

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Replacement inner body panels
« on: February 06, 2008, 09:49:45 »
I would like to draw (so I can make at a later date!) the inner wings/sills/rear inner wheel arch and side panel etc etc.

I would prefere to do it from replacement parts as it would enable me to study, measure and take angles/hole centres much more accurately.

The reason for this is I would like to make some of the items form stainless steel in the future.  To do them accurately I would like to draw them on AutoCAD but also do them as a DXF file so they can be plasma or laser cut.

When the drawings and DXF files are done I will make them available to anyone that wants them.  If you do not have AutoCAD then I will save them as a PDF so that everyone with a computer can use them.

If anyone has or is getting replacement panels and they would not mind me visiting and sticking a tape measure over them (and taking some photo's where required) I would appreciate it.  I am located in Bury, Lancashire (about 10 miles north of Manchester) so the nearer the better really.  Either PM me or put a reply on here so that I can get in touch!

Before anyone mentions it - I know the problems welding mild steel to stainless and the sills I think I will do from box section when it commes to it!  The other parts should not require welding to anything structural and I would look to bolt/screw what I can.  That way I can Waxoyl between the joint to protect the mild steel.

By the way - I have already drawn the inner sill as I have one myself so if anyone wants that drawing let me know - I just don't know if its left or right hand!
I also have an outer sill for a two door and the rear cross member, but I have not drawn them yet - If you want drawings of them let me know but give me a bit of advanced warning as my time is at a premium at the moment (I will also take some photo's of the main parts so you can see what the drawings refere too!).

Thanks in advance

Regards

Mick
Too many sins, not enough temptation!
Too many armpits, not enough deodorant!
Forget maths, forget geometry
You cause explosions by being good at Chemistry
Too many mountains, not enough volcanoes!
Too many lawyers, not enough justice!!!

Offline hairyasswelder

Attack Member
  • It's gonna cost ya
Re: Replacement inner body panels
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 15:29:26 »
I use e-drawings, a free version to open dxf files can be downloaded from t'net
Surely the l/h or r/h sill is the same in the flat profile and just bent opposite?
'88 RR 3.5 efi, an on going project :o) evolving daily/slowly

Offline Dr Strangeglove

Attack Member
Re: Replacement inner body panels
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 16:45:47 »
Only difference on the sills are some hole centres and stiffening to suit!  If anyone wants a drawing (and some photo's) of the (inner) sill just let me know!
Too many sins, not enough temptation!
Too many armpits, not enough deodorant!
Forget maths, forget geometry
You cause explosions by being good at Chemistry
Too many mountains, not enough volcanoes!
Too many lawyers, not enough justice!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal