AuthorTopic: Hi Folks  (Read 1286 times)

Offline bigwood

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Hi Folks
« on: February 05, 2008, 15:50:49 »
Hi folks I live and work in the N/E corner of Lincolnshire ( Grimsby). The corner everyone seems to forget !!!. I am a shift fitter with the local bus company.Prior to that I was a nice man with a big yellow truck. Prior to that I was a fitter in the Army. I am running a recently purchased  L- Reg 200 TDI Disco. This my second try at the 4x4 game, I had a 90 with a 200 replant a year ago. Unfortunately due to lots of problems with it and personal issues it had to go. I am a member of NCGL and you re club  was recommended to me because of Green Lanes Day, 24Th of this month. I would go with them to N Yorkshire but I have to be back in town for work that evening. If you are going to Market Rasen could I please tag along. I did these lanes with the Badgers from NCGL when I first got my 90. Yes I did get stuck but so did some other people but not as much as me. :oops: I don,t mind who I go with the cause is the same, keep the lanes open for all to use or we will loose them, just go round the bobble hats please. Let me know if you're going were and when this could be the start of a new collection of stickers. :tappity:
Old Landrovers dont die they just fade to a red oxide colour.

Offline chris9119

Attack Member
  • The New Big Boy, Gert...
    • Lordswood, Kent
Re: Hi Folks
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 16:10:19 »
bigwood

Welcome to mud-club.

Can't say that I've heard of Grimsby  :-k :-k
Chris
Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades

http://members.mud-club.com/profiles/chris9119/gallery

Mud-Clubbers do it on channel 30

Offline sleeplessparadise

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 17:06:17 »
hello and welcome :D
Helen aka Sleeplessparadise aka Mrsjohnty
defender 90 Td5 LilRed  SIIa 109 Stationwagon Bluebell
NBH LOC

Offline Mash

Attack Member
    • Lincoln
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 18:52:31 »
Hello Bigwood and welcome to MC

Tis good to see somebody else in the area :)

Wonder which lane you got stuck down lol Tis nothing to be ashamed of :) see my pictures from last year

At least if you worked for the big yellow company then you'll be ok on recovery techniques  ;) oh I forgot they pass all the hard stuff on to us poor contractors lol  ;)

See you at the end of the month
Hit it till it breaks then hit it some more !

"Jingle" 200Tdi 110 - Which way to the mud ??

Offline bigwood

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 19:19:00 »
Hi mate, Yes they used to contract a lot of work out but being from military fitter background and being given a vehicle with a winch I always had a dam good try. I was the only one with snatch blocks and a long nylon strop on board. My answer to members was if I cant get it out with what I carry you will have to pay to get it back on the road. I recon after 22years I can account for ever hole in every hedge in my part of the world. It was the powers at be that spoilt all that by giving me one of Rovers finest heaps a "MIESTRO VAN". I would like to fit all the gear to my Disco but the other half keeps reminding me that it is only a second car. She drives our SAAB and I put bits back on it, mirrors mostly . At £100 a go think what I could buy for my Disco. I have been doing things to it but nothing special since I got it in December. I am off to Masham for a days green laning for my birthday treat on the 17th. That will cost me a couple pf nights in a hotel, and she is coming with me. Some of you lot may remember my 90 . It was the white one on its ear in a pond at Kirton about a year ago. That was one I did all by my self with no help going in but lots to come out.  :oops:  Any one near me is welcome to use things like big hamers, power preses, and things you should fix buses with. Tea and cofee free evenings and weekends when the bosses have gone home. :pirate:

Offline Lincs niva

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 19:25:35 »
Welcome matey

You will most likely see me around grimsby now and again in a blue vitara..

The other half likes to go shopping :evil:

Cheers Gav
Yorkshire and Lincolnshire 4x4 Response
www.yorks-lincs4x4response.org

Offline bigwood

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 17:30:23 »
I suppose you must have to take her to Grimsby for proper shopping. They don't do much in the way of proper shops in "Dingle Land" as my boss calls Louth. Something to do with the state of Roadcars buses we inherited. My Disco is an L/Reg Aegean  Blue with square spot lamps above the bumper. At the moment I only have my LR4x4 stickers on the alpine windows so far but I will get Mud stickers before the 24th. :drool:

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 19:27:56 »
Hello and welcome to the club
so many hills , so little time ....
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

Offline bigwood

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 16:07:31 »
Regarding my truck, there are now two the same at work, colour and age!!!!. Mines the one with the square spot lights, I think the other belongs to a bus driver. :P

Offline SteveW

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 17:05:47 »
Hello and welcome,

Might see you around once i get my vehicle sorted.

Steve.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal