AuthorTopic: daihatsu fourtrak  (Read 2660 times)

Offline muddymud

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
daihatsu fourtrak
« on: January 22, 2008, 18:01:35 »
I have got a daihatsu fourtrak and am thinking of putting a "2 shackle lift on it but have been told that it will muck up all the gearing. But I see so many people running lifts and they don’t have any problems.

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
Re: daihatsu fourtrak
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 09:26:54 »
I can't see why a lift will affect the gearing. Larger tyres would, but a shackle lift won't have any gearing effect at all.

It will affect handling though. The caster will change meaning the self centring of the steering will be different. Also the 'weight' of the steering will change. And because you are raising the centre of gravity, it will change the roll characteristics.

Longer shackles also move the springs laterally more, so the car will feel like it's wandering across the road a little more.
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline Boon101083

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 12:29:49 »
I'm running my Fourtrak on lifted shackles and as far as I know it's not had any affect on the gearing.
Regards,

Simon

Stop laughing, put away the camera, and get me a tow strap!

Guardian.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 21:37:40 »
IT CANNOT AFFECT THE GEARING IF YOU ARE ONLY LIFTING IT, IT has nothing to do with gearing whatsoever. most size tyres also have little effect unless you stick huge great things on and dramaticaly increase the rolling radius, 33s or 35s ect, they start to knock em down.

Offline muddymud

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 21:06:33 »
what about on prop shafts will it afect them as it will be runing at a different angle?

Offline Walshyp

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 19:52:49 »
Hi Mate!
I've fitted a two inch lift to my fourtrack, with no problemo's! Also I've fitted some 31" Grizzley claws which are ace, but required 30mm spacers to stop them rubbing. Also I've taken the panhard rod off which greatley improves the offroad ride/articulation however it will have to go back on for the MOT. you will find that the panhord rod will pull everything tight to one side once you fit the lift but this can be got round by either lowering the top mount by 2" or by lengthening the rod. hope this is of some help........  :grin: Paul

Offline muddymud

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 20:11:06 »
could you please post some pictures for me as im not 100% shure what part ur talking about

Cheers,
Nick

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal