AuthorTopic: Bad Weekend Turned Good  (Read 278 times)

Offline Skibum346

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
  • Referrals: 0
Bad Weekend Turned Good
« on: January 20, 2008, 21:07:00 »
SWMBO and I were taking her LSE to CN Autos so that Solihull Mick can do some welding for us. Half way there... I start to notice some terminally nasty sounding noises coming from the backside of my beloved.... (Disco... not wifey!  :lol:).

Turns out... drivers side rear wheel bearing was dry and rusty and had finally given up the ghost!

Managed to get to a friends yard via Douglass Motors for parts and in the afternoon got both rears changed. Front drivers side was done in August (in the middle of FrankieBoys very good Billin Bash) so I guess I'll be tackling the front passenger side soon to finish the set!

While there, my mate managed to get a stubborn bolt in one of the chassis mounting holes for a towbar, out. More of this later!

Went to the pub with the mate whose yard I'd borrowed to meet more of our gang and had a fantastic night... finishing off with a rendition of "Father Abraham" in the bar at 01:30!   :oops: :roll: :D

As some of you know the "We Go Off Road" charity fundraiser had to be postponed but a couple of us went up to hang about incase anyone didn't get the message. While sitting about I got my detachable towbar fitted... I've had it for a year! (see above for reason it's not been fitted before now!).

I also had a look at my roof lights as they had mysteriously stopped working... and no 'tweren't a fuse! The switch wire for the relay had been cought between two components and at some point had worn through, shorted and snapped!  :oops: Lesson 1: Be more careful what wires are routed where!

Finally one of the guys who turned up was at the L2B and stayed to chat for about an hour... he and his significant other (status unknown!) have been pointed in this direction so might even be seen here soon!

But anyway... all in all a good weekend... in the end!

Offline TDi90

Attack Member
  • Rolly - Under Construction...
Re: Bad Weekend Turned Good
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 21:21:34 »
how nice
i painted my rock sliders  :lol:
TDi90
~The DFYTR Moderation Team~

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Re: Bad Weekend Turned Good
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 23:12:56 »
I watch Lord of the Rings on my new widescreen telly.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal