AuthorTopic: Wheel bearing???  (Read 527 times)

Offline BK

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Wheel bearing???
« on: January 20, 2008, 20:13:10 »
Driving down the road yesterday and the steering decided to pull very violently to the left and then go normal and then do it again with a sound from the front left hand corner like steel grating on steel (very un nerving) [-o< went out o car today to have a butchers and looking from the front of the car with the steering wheel straight,the drivers side front wheel faces dead straight whilst the passenger side wheel is facing slightly to the kerb,jacked the car up and there is about half an inch of play in the hub,is it the hub bearing or what?.......... answers on a postcard please :lol: :lol:
1998 Jeep Cherokee,3" rough country lift,31"Muds,front disconnects,and a custom snorkle..........just lovin it!!!

Guardian.

Re: Wheel bearing???
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 20:32:18 »
SOUND LIKE IT.

Offline BK

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 20:36:42 »
I thought that when a wheel bearing went it started to rumble? this didnt,it just made an almighty racket and the steering went all over the place like a track rod had become disconnected but ive checked all that and everything seems ok apart from the play in the hub.
1998 Jeep Cherokee,3" rough country lift,31"Muds,front disconnects,and a custom snorkle..........just lovin it!!!

Guardian.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 20:38:53 »
they do normally rumble for a while, but they also just collapse and do what you said, not useable by the way as itsdangerous if thats whats happened.
not to dear a job , as long as you only need to change the bearing.
good luck :D

Offline BK

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 20:42:21 »
Nice one cheers Guardian  :dance: :dance:

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 23:50:58 »
Had that happen to me except to the right front .... tried to snap me into the on coming traffic (twice). It was a wheel bearing that had collapsed.
"A wise man has something to say a fool has to say something"
"Think of it as evolution in action" and yes, I do know that I can't spell thank you.
200TDi 90  "Daisy" A.K.A. "Baby"
3.5L V8 110 "Sally". The camper van with an attitude problem.

LABOUR
Lying Arrogant Blair Oppressors of UK Rights

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal