AuthorTopic: Anyone here got a Sportrak?  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Old Warthog

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Anyone here got a Sportrak?
« on: January 17, 2008, 21:53:33 »
Having now managed to get my back problems sorted (Thanks QMC Nottingham :lol:), I'm now about to get a Sportrak to play with.

Is there anything to watch out for with these and what are they like off road?  I had a 4trak which was pretty good, are these up to that sort of performance?

After a years lay off it will be nice to get out and about on some lanes and play sites again :lol:

Cheers

Keith

Offline mill2020

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Team 60 - Mac 4x4 2011,2012 & 2013
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Anyone here got a Sportrak?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 18:43:19 »
Hey Keith,

Sportrak's are really good off road and with some decent tyres there even better. I had mt's on mine and a small supension lift which went everywhere i pointed it, really nice to drive aswell.
Powerwise not quite as much pull as a 4trak, but the 1600cc is a tough reliable little unit. You can cruise nicely at 70 all day long with a resonable MPG.
If your looking to buy one the best thing to look over is the chas for rust/holes, it seems to be Daihatsu's only real weakness-both my 4trak & sporty had bits of welding here & there, but nothing major. Aside from that find one with s/h and that's had the belt replaced- it will go on forever.

TBH i really miss the sporty now it's gone, offroading in comfort for pennies. What more could you want!

If you have any more questions, it would be worth looking on www.daihatsu-drivers.co.uk  lots of infomation from other 4trak & sporty owners.

Regards

Phil

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal