AuthorTopic: Not the Zook as well!  (Read 888 times)

Offline Evilgoat

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Not the Zook as well!
« on: January 03, 2008, 23:02:59 »
On the motorway, cruising at 70, starts to misfire.

Dropped to 60, it clears, then starts at 60. Definate misfire and popping from the snorkel.

By the time I got off misfiring a goodun under load, then stalled getting on the drive, refuses to start and then idles very rough.

Not looked yet but it feels like damp, it is misty out so its possible. Will strip ignition in the morning.

ANyone else have any thoughts. Just had a head gasket.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
Re: Not the Zook as well!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 09:02:03 »
GRRR!

Been here before. Dizzy cap badly worn and rotor arm breaking down as a result.

Guess where they came from? 5 months old. Bit of Bodgery and she'll get me to a main stealer.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

Audi S2 Avant 360bhp

Offline baz2236

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 09:35:29 »
I got a similar sort of thing at the minute it is really lumpy like its running on 3 I changed the plugs last night hopefully get my leads cap and arm today mine seems to rev alright when it stood still but when its under load it runs like a bag of poo. can only do about 30.
Thanks,
      Baz

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 11:59:33 »
Central pin had worn down on mine, you could see where it was arcing as there were 4 burnt pits on the rotor arm.

Check that pin, it will pull out a bit more if you take it easy. i also notices one of the turrets (No4) was totally full of crud and had been tracking.

Also worth checking the coil lead. Halfords/Bosch have changed the design of this cap too.

Audi S2 Avant 360bhp

Offline buckshot

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 15:33:58 »
had this problem the other week in a friends sj,when we lifted the bonnet the carb was icing up from to much cold air being drawn down the snorkel.we re,routed the snorkel pipe to draw warm air off the manifold and it ran fine all day.it,s  a long shot but an easy fix.
aches & pains

Offline baz2236

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 21:33:00 »
I just changed my Rotor arm Cap and leads also plugs and now it running good again.
Thanks,
      Baz

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal