AuthorTopic: Suzi Webber Carb  (Read 1332 times)

blacksuzisami

Suzi Webber Carb
« on: January 22, 2005, 23:49:05 »
I got my suzuki samurai a few months ago (my first proper 4x4, had a 410 before but never took it off road). The samurai has a webber carb fitted (when i bought it i thought this was a bonus) but sometimes when going down steep hills it cutts out, although it does not happen all the time, even on the same hills. I have been told to extend a pipe in the carb to stop the fuel flooding, but even this is over my head. could somebody help me!!
Ps I have been told to get a nikki carb but these are like rocking horse dropping going for £200 + on ebay

Regards

Complete Begginer  :oops:

Offline Skywalker

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Suzi Webber Carb
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 14:30:30 »
Nice to see you'r getting out more, welcome to the club
Dave
WIP ........ just Keeps Changing .......

SW

Offline robbie

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Suzi Webber Carb
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 00:27:58 »
yeeh we have the same problem with a webber carb I fitted last year on the Samurai. We put up with it as it will cost a packet to resolve. We usually bump start it as it goes donw the hill, makes things a little hairy sometimes, but hey.... good fun :)

I think the only way to reolve it for sure would be to fit a SU carb and manifold, again expensive.....
If I could only find some mud to play in, I would be as happy as the preverbial pig!!!

http://members.mud-club.com/profiles/robbie/gallery/
http://www.mudpics.co.uk/gallery/index.php

1985 Land Rover 90 being worked on for French plates soon
2002 Peugeot 406 GLX Estate - more economic then the Disco, but not as much fun :(
2005 Toyota Yaris T3 - new driving school car

blacksuzisami

Suzi Webber Carb
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 22:47:40 »
I agree putting up with the problem is better than shelling out for an su, but sometimes it gets very frustrating down some steep rocks or even worse up them.

I posted my problem on another forum and this is the reply i got from a very well respected source. I have not tried this yet but apparently this is the thing to do, other than spending £200+ on an su.

If you look into the top of the carb, there should be a small brass pipe sticking upwards(the float bowl vent).This is the bit you need to extend upwards. You could always check the fuel height in the carb as well, theres usually a level plug to remove, or a specific measurement for float height, do you know the model type of thecarb?
Just a thought, you do still have the hot air feed from the exhaust manifold dont you? having to run with the choke on, and cuting out even on the flat may be carb icing.

Regards

Chris

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal