AuthorTopic: jimny leans on drivers side with pro comp kit???  (Read 4345 times)

Offline jamesey

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • land rover recovery service.
  • Referrals: 0
jimny leans on drivers side with pro comp kit???
« on: December 18, 2007, 19:16:36 »
i lifted my jimny and yes i have put the springs on the correct axel ,
now ive been running it for a while it seems to be leaning towards the drivers side , i have measured from the bottom of the arch on the rear to the top of my colways and the drivers side is 5 " then the passengers side is 6 1/2 "  and thats parked on level ground
now a guy from amour suzuki (suzuki rubbers they were called) said if its ao comp ive fitted it will lean after a while
has anyone else had this problem with a pro comp 2" lift kit and how did you sort it
 :cry:

Offline glaggs

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 14:53:14 »
They all do that sir! Quite a few threads on here http://www.jimny.se/ about this, even with std suspension. Mine does it, I compesate as best I can using a spacer made from the old suzuki spring. If the bolts attaching your radius arm to the body are seized in the bush it doesn't help either. Unfortunately its one of those anoying problems that no one seems to have solved (as far as I know -prove me wrong please guys)
..V..

Offline jamesey

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 16:57:20 »
do you have the pro comp kit glaggs :)
how did you compensate exactly    explorer just said to me take my springs off and send them back for testing

Offline larry

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 17:19:09 »
My sammy did the same get a fat passenger hehehe

Offline generation-x

Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 18:02:23 »
ive known a few jimny owners with the same problem its been cured buy using coil spacers on the offending side bits4vits sell coil spacers in pairs if its any help

simon :wink:

Offline markyb

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 18:07:28 »
not sure if it helps but, all the lift lits ive bought were sided
 when i got my 110 lift kit the springs were all marked and all different lengths, i scratched my head thinking WFT

put it in the right corners it stated and it sits right, i was amazed, i know WIlls old jimny sat fine, he had a combination of all sorts of spacers etc

i should have made a note of which longer one went where as i suspect you could compenstate with spacers on the right sides
Cheers Markyb
Defender 110
Discovery

Offline jims jimny

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 20:10:23 »
mine also  cured it by putting in a spring spacer
mods so far  2"procomp suspension  
205/75/15 colway mt
diff breathers
t-case protection plate
snorkel/piper cross filter + loads more

Offline glaggs

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 20:43:35 »
Yep mines a pro comp kit, but I swapped the springs to Old Man emu's which are slightly stiffer? I think but not as wide in the middle. This was mainly because the pro comp spring would rub on the chassis on hard cornering. The emu springs gave a slight improvement over pro comp for the lean problem.

My current set up is, old man Emu +40mm springs on front (pro comp +50 on rear) Fronts are sided, theres about 15mm difference. As I have a winch fitted to the front and two batteries under the bonnet I also run a pair of 50mm spring spacers (from bits for vits - very good service) which bring everything back up to where it was before fitting a winch. I have then cut the ends off two of the original sprins so that I have just over one complete turn. One off these is placed on top of the drivers side OME spring and one on the bottom, giving another 20mm. This brings things approximately back in line. Finaly I've extended the bump stops on the axel by approx 30mm to stop the springs becoming coil bound and to try and stop the tyres catching on the inner wings - I'm running 31" Kuhmo's and this is the main reason for the extended bump stops. If they don't work I've a Bits for Vits 2" body lift kit waiting to go on. But if poss I'd rather not fit it as currently the Jimny is more stable than std both on and off road. All of these mods are work in progress and are the result of 4 years evolution.
..V..

Offline mlines

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 09:02:38 »
Wills old Jimny - which is now mine :)   has got a Bits4Vits style spacer on the drivers side to level it out.

Martin

www.bigjimnycom
Martin Lines
http://www.BigJimny.com

Suzuki Jimny 1.3JLX, Kap 3" Spring Lift, Kap Full External Roll Cage and Front/Rear Bumpers, RockLobster T-Box conversion, ARB Locker, Viair Air System, Recaro Seats

Offline jamesey

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 20:14:34 »
nice one ill have to mess with it this weekend , cheers guys :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal