AuthorTopic: ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT  (Read 5029 times)

Offline LOFTY

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT
« on: January 22, 2005, 12:42:59 »
TD5 130 Defender CSW 1999
Anybody know whats wrong,
turn ignition on, oil, charging, heater plugs and management light all on,
after 3/4 seconds the heater light goes out, and about the same time the management light goes out, so all is ready to start, everything as it should be,
but if i press the throttle full travel 4 times, the mangement light starts flashing.
I do this as my car suffers from surging at low revs, and i was told this helps the ECU realise the amount of travel the throttle potentometer has.
But is this causing other problems, or is the potentometer faulty??
Its been on a test book, as previous owner had wound turbo waste gate past 15 psi, so engine use to go into basic settings, but book didnt find fault with throttle. :cry:
85% OF ALL LAND ROVERS BUILT, ARE STILL ON THE ROAD,
THE OTHER 15% MADE IT HOME ;)

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 13:55:59 »
Throttle pot or throttle travel are the obvious candidates.  If the ECU is really 'learning' the throttle travel (new one on me I have to be honest) and the pot is faulty or there is too much travel and it's being wound off the end of the track, that might explain it.

Should be a test for the throttle pot using a multimeter like the EFi RR's
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline LOFTY

Attack Member
ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 17:44:20 »
Thats what i was hoping, EFis are easy, but this pot has 2 tracks, later ones have 3 i believe, as voltage goes up on 1 side, it goes down on the other, giving the ECU 2 points of referance, so info for testing has been imposible to find.
Its the fact the light comes on must indicate something, but the manual says nothing.
I shall have to remove it, to see ifs its been fitted wrong.
I hope somebody has come across this before, as its makes driving it a pain at slow speeds. :cry:
85% OF ALL LAND ROVERS BUILT, ARE STILL ON THE ROAD,
THE OTHER 15% MADE IT HOME ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal