AuthorTopic: paj V 90  (Read 12919 times)

Offline BK

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
paj V 90
« on: December 16, 2007, 22:06:49 »
Does anyone know if a tricked up 90 will keep up with a tricked up Paj silly question I know but at the mo I have a very nice tricked up 90 my pride and joy but since havin a back op I cant get comfy in it no matter what I try,I like the look of the paj but seriously what are they like off-road my 90 will p**s all over most discos ,range rovers and the like I know this cos I have had one but I dont want another disco as they suffer from tin worm a lot so what are paj,s like ? do they go well offroad?,I tend to do a lot of laning/quarries and pay and play days.I just want something that is reasonably cheap to run(parts etc)and Is very comfy and will keep up with the rest of my mates all who have 90,s serious answers only please and no slagging the green oval-------cheers :D  :?:
1998 Jeep Cherokee,3" rough country lift,31"Muds,front disconnects,and a custom snorkle..........just lovin it!!!

ben_haynes

paj V 90
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 22:18:09 »
Paj's can suffer from tin worm (but not half as much as a rangie or disco) like the one we got at work as it is used daily around the farm and towing a trailer all over the show

it is a K reg and it was imported into the UK in 1991

Offline craigderby

Attack Member
    • Derby
paj V 90
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 10:40:34 »
I use a Paj offroad and there's no doubt that they're very good, plus they tend to be more reliable than a Land Rover, but a well modified 90 will generally speaking be more capapble than a Paj.  Having said that I've always found that my Paj will do everything I need it to.

marjan

paj V 90
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 16:29:44 »
NO !!!!!, don't sell Doris, you will never get up Chapel Gate in a Pajero mate. Then again we didn't get up yesterday either  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

BTW the brakes have gone completely now  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Offline BK

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 22:44:21 »
I know Mark but I thought id get some info first if you want some help with the brakes give me a bell
1998 Jeep Cherokee,3" rough country lift,31"Muds,front disconnects,and a custom snorkle..........just lovin it!!!

Offline LePaj

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 23:10:03 »
I'm not gonna slag off the 90 but leave the owners to state the good and bad points themselves.
A Paj is very comfy, reliable and good all round capable offroader, they are cheap to buy and parts now readily available and cheap when you know where to look, some new mods can be more expensive like winch bumpers.
You won't get as much articulation on the front axle as they have torsion bars but can be adjusted to gain a little lift. Pop some good MT's on and you'll be surprised how much you can do on a standard Paj  :D
hope this helps!

marjan

paj V 90
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 19:14:34 »
Quote from: "BK"
I know Mark but I thought id get some info first if you want some help with the brakes give me a bell

Thinking of doing the brakes Friday Afternoon but need to get a bleeding kit first (no I'm not swearing when I say bleeding  :lol: )

BTW, I had a SWB TD Shogun a while ago with BFG A/T's on and it was very capable but a bit lacking in ground clearance and the parts are very exspensive  :shock:

Offline BK

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 21:39:06 »
Give us a shout bud,if you want a hand,ive just put me new door on tonight looks ok just needs painting and ive ordered a ceramic heater that plugs into the cig lighter cos im sick of freezing my t**s off in this weather

Offline GREENI

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 10:03:10 »
I now have both a Paj and a 90..
The 90 is awesome off road..
The Paj V6 is awesome on road...
That's where they'll stay 8)

mad geordie

oh yes
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 12:20:19 »
a tricked paj will defo do a 90 as i have done many times mate
as you all know i,ve been working on this b east for a bit and now its about 90% done!!!

well what do you think?

Offline BK

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 13:03:11 »
awwwww!!!!!!!!that is "kin awesome I want that,I didnt know you could get pajeros to look like that!!!!where did you get the bits from?and what have you done to it???is it a diesel?come on give us some info!!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D

Offline rollazuki

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 13:03:51 »
Paj is great on road, and amazingly, pretty good off road. Ive just got 31's KL71's fitted, and manufacturers limited slip diff, and it copes OK off road.

Bodywork is a little pretty to bend(unlike a 90) and it does have greater ground clearance under the front diff, BUT, hardly any articulation.

When you say modded, do you mean full scrapiron extreme kit, or just a lift and mud tyres. Id pitch the Mitzi on 31's against a Landy on 31's and Itd come out OK, but against a nutter 90 with little care for body damage, NO CHANCE.

Thing is, you can then drive home in air conditioned comfort, hold a peacefull conversation with passenger, and actually expect to arrive back home, which by the way shouldnt be littered with oil leaks and broken/spare parts.......

PS, despite the mick taking, check the underside of the Paj, theres little or no armour, and the autobox oil pan, and exhaust are a little...erm...prone to damage......

Rolla
Go on....cut me in half........it says SUZUKI all the way thru the middle!!

Offline BK

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 13:14:40 »
Hi mate no I havent got a nutter 90,just 32"tyres underside guards roll cage lights all over chequer plate etc I cant afford to shop at scorpion racing!!! :D I just find my 90 too uncomfortable and hard on the road cos of my dodgy back and I think the 90 is making my back worse but I dont want to buy a paj and take it round the extreme route at Langdale Quest or around Kirton Lindsey and get it stuck and look a right tw*t and my mates laughing at me saying"what did you buy that jap cr*P for???? :D  :D

mad geordie

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 13:14:41 »
lol
PS, despite the mick taking, check the underside of the Paj, theres little or no armour, and the autobox oil pan, and exhaust are a little...erm...prone to damage......

come n look under mine! i made nearly everything for this beast, i,m not saying its better than a 90 but better than most and worse than others lol
i,m happy with it and have pulled many a landie round with it, but i get stuck too
i have fitted a v6 rear axel with locking rear diff to it and getting an air locker for the front soon,
as for the suspension i,m changing it from torosion bars to coil overs just doing my home work on that before i do it!
dont bother me what you drive and who,s is better than others i help any1 who gets stuck as they help me,
but i enjoy it and thats what matters....but would love a v8 rangie burble sound in this that would finish it off lol
but bottom line is paj is better for me anyways! but i also like the 90,s
lol to hell with it there about the same! now i,m confused lol

Offline BK

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 13:18:04 »
I would love to come and have a look at yours cos youve got me thinking now!!!! do the v6,s have a locking back diff similar to a detroit?

Offline chrisland

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 13:28:33 »
here is my paj and it does everything i as of it

Offline BK

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 13:41:25 »
what happened to bumpers?are they floating down river? :D

mad geordie

paj V 90
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 16:15:10 »
v6 have a compressor in the boot activated by a swith air locker just like a detriot, dont get the 3.5 rear diff there too big and diffrent ration mine is only a 2.5td ( tricked and tweaked) and the v6 running gear is the same
yes paj,s rust,dent easy, but you have to admit it does look the dogs,,, :(shades):

Offline BK

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 16:35:21 »
Thanks for that info and yes it does look the dogs---even our lass likes it and she hates landies-----so its a V6 4 me!!!! ps what are V6,s like in water do they die like V8,s?

Offline GREENI

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 18:29:32 »
Loving the red Paj....tricked up or not it won't beat 'every' 90 :wink:

mad geordie

paj V 90
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 18:44:52 »
tricked up or not it won't beat 'every' 90

it wont beat most but will give them a good run for there money! lol

there is always banter about landies n paj,s its better than sum but worse than others!

marjan

paj V 90
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 18:58:04 »
Rich, the test will be when you get one will it go everywhere that my 90 will go  :D  :D , there again best not upset you as I may need a tow home one day  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

P.S. you"ll miss having the oil spots on the road mate !!!!!!.

mad geordie

paj V 90
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 18:59:51 »
wont upset me mate its all banter! tie the rope to the front of your 90 :lol:

Offline GREENI

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 19:05:18 »
@Mad Geordie
That Paj of yours is just too inspiring...but I bought my Paj to use as a road car.....mmmmm but what if I just put MT's on her..... :twisted:

Offline BK

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 20:19:50 »
Well,well,well ive really opened a can of worms here! to be honest I think its all down to what floats yer boat.I think the paj is a lot more comfier,faster and reliable than the 90,but the 90 has the edge offroad due to the live front axle its a shame its got independant suspension cos otherwise I think it would be unstoppable.I always used to think that the 90 was better looking and has a certain charm but that red paj is awesome!!! might be havin one of those soon I might even get a chance to drive it if I can keep our lass from behind the wheel!!!!------

Offline BK

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2007, 20:23:02 »
Am I right in thinking that if you put a 2" or 3" bodylift and long travel gas shocks on it you  can get 33,s on it without altering springs and torsion bars so therefore not losing any articulation????

Offline Mutz

Attack Member
  • Norwich, Norfolk.
    • Norwich
paj V 90
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2007, 21:41:19 »
reliability and comfort goes to the Paj, it is more than capable off road. 33" will go on with out too much hassle, even without carpets they are quiter than the 90. with a rear diff lock they are awesome, 2 minuses for the Paj upgrades are hard to get hold of and articulation, neither of these really take much away from its capabilities.
Like Mad geordie, others seem to have more of a problem with snobery than i do; i have been recovered by Land Rovers and also recovered them, for mainly onroad use Paj is like a car.
What area do you live as im sure a Paj owner would be more than happy to take you out in theirs.
1995 300tdi 90 rebuilt and on the road (but still a project)
1992 Pajero SWB 2.5 Auto (failed its MOT and for sale if you want it)

"I Havn't got a Bad Attitude; you just can't handle my personality"

Offline BK

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2007, 22:11:09 »
Leeds mate Yorkshire and I must admit ive never ridden in a paj

Offline LePaj

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2007, 22:31:56 »
you don't know what your missing  :lol:  I don't get wound up by the banter, btw, one thing you will miss is having a bad back  :wink:

Offline strangerover

Attack Member
paj V 90
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2007, 15:35:37 »
Interesting....

but what are you trying to do ?

challenege event or a good day out with friends ?

I use this....

and on all the lanes I have doen so far have managed to get through along with the 90's and disco's

My last off roader was this

Now I'm not saying the Delica is as good as the land rover, but so far everything I have done in the land rover my delica has done and the Pajero is more off road biased.

I look at it this way.... most of the time the Delica is on the road....
its more comfrotable to drive, big engine, auto box and lazy...

So makes the whole day out better...

but have also conceeded it needs a bit of help just incase... so here is what I have just installed....

In short... you want to compete, get a 90 its easier to mod and has short over hangs, you want to Lane and Pay'n'Play... a Pajero may be a better all rounder.

Or get a Delica and be a little different  :wink:
Regards
Mark O
Mitsubishi L400 Delica
Iron Man Lift and running 31" tyres

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal