AuthorTopic: Types of Exhauset  (Read 610 times)

Offline gareth001

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Range Rover P38 4.6 HSE
  • Referrals: 0
Types of Exhauset
« on: December 10, 2007, 17:19:01 »
I'm looking to upgrade my standard exhaust system on my '96 P38 4.6. Currently it has the LR single tip setup.

What I'm looking for is a complete front to end system (including manifold) that will give me not just more BHP but more V8 burble. However I want to be able to cruise at 70mph without having to shout.

Firstly would it be recommended to go complete dual system front to back if this is possible or just split it at the rear? This will be done after LPG is fitted, so can I take the CAT's out?

The engine is pretty much standard, although has been remapped. What will give the best BHP to £?

Is it worth staying with a single exit but have dual tips?

What companies are recommended and what prices are we looking at for your suggestions?

My budget will be £600 to £1000. And before anyone starts, I’m not going into Halfords or the like…

Thanks for your help

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
Types of Exhauset
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 11:12:49 »
Best to give Rimmer's a ring, they stock double s exhausts (everybody charges the same for these) and IIRC they come in at the mid-point of your budget.  Tubular headers, straight through boxes, don't know if they include a cat or not but my soft dash LSE pipe doesn't.  Nice sound without being chavtastic and a few extra MPG if I drive carefully.  Can't say it made it any faster though :?  I tend to run out of road :oops:
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal