AuthorTopic: Non-arming alarm/immobiliser  (Read 342 times)

Offline narked

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Non-arming alarm/immobiliser
« on: November 30, 2007, 17:12:31 »
Since I got my Disco last year, the indicators have never flashed upon locking with the fob. Nor does the LED in the instrument panel flash when the car is locked. I can also lock the car with the fob, and if I leave the window open, can then insert the key in the ignition and start the engine. So this leads me to believe that the immobiliser and alarm are not being activated. I'm pretty much sure it's not down to a duff battery in the fob, as I replaced that today, and the problem has persisted.

I do however know that the alarm itself works, as if I ever pull the alarm fuses, or disconnect the battery, it goes off. Is this likely to be anything fixable myself, or is this going to be one of those daft-priced garage jobs/aftermarket alarm replacements? It's suddenly become top of the agenda as I've just taken out a policy with Sureterm, and they want proof of a working alarm/immobiliser before they'll give me the full 12 month cover note. I've no problem taking it to my local garage to get them to write a note to confirm it's working, but I'd rather get it working myself than also have to pay them to fix it!

Powys 4x4 Response

Current Mods:
Moonraker Minor CB radio
Safari Snorkel
Extended axle and transmission breathers
235/70R16 Insa Turbo Dakar M/Ts
Roof light bar with 4x Ring Road Runner lamps

Offline chris9119

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • The New Big Boy, Gert...
    • Lordswood, Kent
  • Referrals: 0
Non-arming alarm/immobiliser
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 17:53:23 »
Call Remote Key and he will help you out.

Web sites here: http://www.remotekey.co.uk/
Chris
Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades

http://members.mud-club.com/profiles/chris9119/gallery

Mud-Clubbers do it on channel 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal