AuthorTopic: jimny troubles again  (Read 573 times)

Offline jamesey

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • land rover recovery service.
  • Referrals: 0
jimny troubles again
« on: November 28, 2007, 08:28:30 »
ive been off roading again and it seems now when the car is crawling up hills in 1st it stalls and will not start again until it has cooled down i think it might be the crank sensor getting hot , i ended up doing the rest of the lanes with the heater on full blast and it didnt do it then :cry:

Offline glaggs

Attack Member
jimny troubles again
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 22:20:29 »
All the comments I've seen on various forums about the throttle position sensor talk about a proble at constant 60mph+ cruising sppeds where the engin completely dies , but comes back to life as soon as pressure is even slightly released from the throttle. I've never had anyone say they've had the problem at low irregular speeds associated with off roading. Mine will stall if I try to drive too slowly through an obstical. I would look to your original problem and check/change all your HT leads and even the coil packs. Again with the throttle position problem I haven't heard of difficulty restarting the engin. Your description of a hot engin failing under load and being difficult to restart sounds very much like a coil/ht lead problem.
..V..

Offline damohick

Attack Member
jimny troubles again
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 08:56:28 »
Sounds the same as mine was before i changed my crank angle senor ... I'd change it now If i were you, I put it off and put it off and regreted it after ... 10 mins and about £30 had it fixed! Down side was I'd left it so long that all the missfiring and turning the engine over without if firing had taken it's toll on my cat (unburnt fuel and cats dont mix) also apparently a dodgy crank sensor wont show up on a diagnostics test because the ecu just thinks the engine has been shut off (well thats what I've heard)

Offline jamesey

Attack Member
  • land rover recovery service.
jimny troubles again
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 12:21:45 »
ive had new leads on it but not the coil packs yet , im going to try the crank sensor thou i think first seeing that the coil pack are rather more exspensive :cry:
if i leave the heater on hot and blasting out it doesnt have any problems its like looking for a needle in a haystack :cry:

Offline damohick

Attack Member
jimny troubles again
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 14:34:49 »
When mine was playing up it would do it after about 15 mins of normal driving and if i put my heater on it was ok for about an hour ... this is when i changed it ... It wasnt that bad to start with ... more like an hour or more without my heater on and no problems with it on ... If you want to know more about the problems with the crank angle sensor look at www.jimny.se loads of guys on there have had trouble with them. Like I said before they are really easy to fit and at £30 less than a few beers out with your mates on a friday night.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal