AuthorTopic: 110 shocks and springs  (Read 747 times)

Offline richo

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
110 shocks and springs
« on: November 25, 2007, 14:55:43 »
I would like to put some new springs and shocks on my defender .
Its a csw td5 on a 02 plate.Was just wondering what will be best.
I don't do heavy off roading but use the 110 for laning and the odd pay play day other than that the wife drives to work and back every day.
I don't think that i will need a lift as i've found it copes well enough off road .
What do you think.
Jesus was a carpenter but god was a plasterer.

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
110 shocks and springs
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 15:41:36 »
So why do you want to put new springs on it then? has it sagged, if so put standard springs back on.

H/D might give you a harder ride with slightly better handling, lifted springs will give you all sorts of problems it sounds like you don't need.

Shocks, I like ProComp and Decarbon, both are sensible money.  I'm trying out the new Britpart Cellular Dynamic on the LSE, that's predominantly a road car and first impression is good, much less crashy then the ProComp (the LSE is lowered) and better than standard, though it does roll a little more thanon the procomp.

Bilsteins have a very good reputation but cost more than half as much again, as do OME.  Money to burn I'd suggest Koni.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Guardian.

110 shocks and springs
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 17:51:55 »
IF YOUR HAPPY WITH IT AS IS, WHY CHANGE?
OR ARE YOU LIKE ME, JUST GET SOMETHING IN YER HEAD, AND LOVE WASTING MONEY :lol:  :lol:

Offline richo

Attack Member
110 shocks and springs
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 21:03:00 »
I know what your saying but i just thought that i would like to change them as the 110 is on about 50,000 now and the shocks have seen better days so thought about changing both shocks and springs.
I do one thing a month on the 110 or when i have spare cash.
Like most of us there is always something to spend the beer tokens on.
You might laugh but i'm looking at winch bumpers aswell and yes i would rarely use a winch but so what they look great and i would love to be able to help someone or myself out of the sticky stuff on a pay play day.
Jesus was a carpenter but god was a plasterer.

Offline SteveG

Attack Member
110 shocks and springs
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 08:54:32 »
I would put LR springs on again. Make sure they are original LR ones not copies. As for shocks, DeCarbons work extremely well on road and off for standard or plus 2" versions. They are slightly more expensive than procomp but have better damping on road and you will ntoice the difference over the standard shocks.

If you put a winch and winch bumper on you'll add ~70Kg to the front weight. Your existing front springs are rated at 175lbs/" so it could drop in height by just over 3/4" at the front. You can easily get this back by putting Range Rover rubber spring isolators on top and bottom of the spring, ANR ..

Cheers

Steve

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal