AuthorTopic: Democracy in the UK  (Read 4542 times)

Offline graham

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Democracy in the UK
« on: November 06, 2007, 23:58:29 »
Not sure how long this thread will last.

Have we really got a democracy in the UK?

We have elections we vote on their manifesto they get in, change it and  say they have the mandate to impose whatever laws and regulations they want.

They can take us to war, based on lies.
impose global warming taxes, based on lies.
Take us into the next phase of Europe, based on lies.
Numbers of imigrants into the UK figures, based on lies.
Numbers of migrant workers into UK, based on lies.

They take away our feedoms based on lies.
The right to protest
The right to strike
Hunting
Green laning
Smoking

They have started on drinking already, those college boys in thier ivory towers at Westminster should be made to work on a building site for 6 months, before the're allowed to stand as MP that way they'll find out what the real world is about.

Sorry mods

Had to have a rant.  :evil:
Nissan Terrano
Land Rover Lightweight
ex TD5 Discovery &
RR classic owner

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
  • Motorsport Service & Repair Level 3 Technician
    • @MrSmeeZus
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 01:11:34 »
acording to the BBC last elections, lib dems were the third biggest party in the UK.

LIE! UKIP (United Kingdom Independance Party) had the third most votes, beating lib dems (baerly, but significantly)

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 01:15:13 »
Words fail to express just how much I detest this current bunch of lying, cheating, self-serving (insert insult of your choice) :evil:

Might still imegrate.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 02:14:25 »
Quote from: "Range Rover Blues"
Words fail to express just how much I detest this current bunch of lying, cheating, self-serving (insert insult of your choice) :evil:

Might still imegrate.

I take it you mean every one of them... lab, con, lib and the also ran's!

Not found a one worth believing....

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 06:51:21 »
I fear it may be the case of better the devil you know. I would rather have this poor version of democracy than sharia law. What is the alternative to our current poltical system?

Offline Eeyore

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 08:05:09 »
Hey, as long as folk can keep it respectful, we can be cool about discussing politics.

Cheers
 8)
Eeyore
Flower: '95 Defender 110 Hard Top. Donkey Power :D

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 08:08:00 »
I figure no matter who you put in power they will screw it up for us, but like LSP says whats the alternative. I'm no fan of this goverment, but whats the other choice??
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 09:29:36 »
Again, what he said. Least we know which direction Labour is going regardless of not liking it.

All three parties seem totally out of touch and I think the public in general have had enough. No one actually cares that voting levels have fallen, so long as they get voted in :(

I for one have had enough, and if I can convince Bunnie that my home country is worth a shot I'll be going back there some day.

I was born in the UK and raised here but I no longer feel that I owe this country anything. I no longer consider it my home and I no longer consider myself a citizen. I'm almost ashamed that I'm british :(
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 10:15:34 »
I'm looking forward to the day when technology means we can all take part.

for instance...

Every debate in parliment is available for us to read up on before hand... perhaps an independent org can be created to put the arguments succinctly for the layman.

We each have a vote... electronically (garuanteed secure and non-hijackable for the sake of this fantasy!  :roll:  :lol: ).

If 50% of an MP's constituency votres, then that MP is required to take the side of his constituency over his party.

Thus... it's the people who make the decisions (or fail to) and they have no one else to blame if it all goes pear shaped!

Offline Jas278

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 10:35:25 »
They have us just where they want us "DIVIDED". Together we are strong Alone we are weak . We still have a very good standard of living , but wheres the feel good factor togo with it , we have had the Shiiiit kicked out of us , alot of folk dont give a frying foot anymore . Unless you are part of the Benefit Culture there aint alot left Im afraid..

Discovery TD5......Tricked Up..

Offline glaggs

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 10:44:55 »
The only good politics seems to be good for these days is to keep politicians employed and off the streets. Unfortunately I can't see what politicians are good for any more. Off to watch 'V for Vendetta' again!
..V..

Offline Boddle

Attack Member
  • Boddle on Xbox
    • Coventry UK
  • Referrals: 1
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 13:33:41 »
True Democracy can only happen if you have a Government voted in by a majority (more than 50% of the population).

The UK is not a Democracy
Roughly 1/9 of the Legal Voting Public have voted for those in power

Currently we have just over a third of the Voter have voted for our Government (actually base on more than a third of seats in the house of parliament and there can mean that the party in power does not have a majority vote), And the voting public I believe is around a third of the population which are old enough to vote.
it would be interesting if everybody who can not be bothered to vote, Actually bother to go and do a spoiled paper which would mean a no vote, whether as the majority would be no vote no one would get into power.

To get true Democracy you need to have Proportional Representation(which means parties would have to join forces to get majority) and a Legal requirement that any UK citizen over the age 18 has to vote(you can spoil your paper still).

Sorry if this is a bit heavy.
Quote from: "Skibum346"
I'm looking forward to the day when technology means we can all take part.

for instance...

Every debate in parliment is available for us to read up on before hand... perhaps an independent org can be created to put the arguments succinctly for the layman.

We each have a vote... electronically (garuanteed secure and non-hijackable for the sake of this fantasy!  :roll:  :lol: ).

If 50% of an MP's constituency votres, then that MP is required to take the side of his constituency over his party.

Thus... it's the people who make the decisions (or fail to) and they have no one else to blame if it all goes pear shaped!

When would anybody in this country actually do any Work?
Will there every be Secure technology based systems?

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 14:23:16 »
There have been a few films close to the mark about where we are going but I'd say V for Vendetta is possibly one of the closest to whats happening. A lot of the backplot in there is based on actual events or events that could happen without too many changes to the facts.

Quote from: Boddle
it would be interesting if everybody who can not be bothered to vote, Actually bother to go and do a spoiled paper which would mean a no vote, whether as the majority would be no vote no one would get into power.
[/qoute]

Bad news, it is now illegal to spoile a paper and I'm not sure how anonymous your vote is, certainly changes are afoot so that your vote is no longer anonymous

Quote from: "Boddle"

Will there every be Secure technology based systems?

There are, I work with them on a a daily basis the problem again lies with the system. The system favours friends of friends and those that can provide the best political benefit for the party/MP. It deosnt have to be outright backhanders. Because of this sub-standard businesses that cant actually implement these systems get the job, in fact I can tell you the company that would probobly get a job like that and they couldnt be trusted to find their backsides with both hands, a tourch map AND sat nav.

Big company, begins with C, lots of mates in the right places and suffer chronically from the 'reverse midas touch'
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

Audi S2 Avant 360bhp

Offline graham

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 14:41:50 »
Good to see I'm not on my own with my thinking, some good posts.

I've always voted but this time unless some party come out with some common sense and starts working for British citizens, I'm staying at home which i do anyway cos i can't have a fag with me pint.  :evil:
Nissan Terrano
Land Rover Lightweight
ex TD5 Discovery &
RR classic owner

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 15:12:17 »
Quote from: "graham"

I've always voted but this time unless some party come out with some common sense and starts working for British citizens, I'm staying at home which i do anyway cos i can't have a fag with me pint.  :evil:

Dont let bunnie hear you say that. That particular legislation had buried the pub :( I think its all over bar the paperwork on that front :(

Audi S2 Avant 360bhp

Edge

Democracy in the UK
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 15:21:43 »
Quote from: "graham"

I lost faith in lab/con etc years ago... seems no-matter who is in power, we still get a raw deal by those who really run the country (the ones that tell the government what they can and cant do).
As for this immigration fiasco.... and the thousands of brits who cannot get a job because Mr.Primeminister and his cronies have given the jobs to immigrants..... i'm voting BNP this year (I aint racist, just feel theyre the only party who'll sort this country out for our benefit & not europe/rest of world). Asian taxi drivers i speak to also feel our borders should be closed.

"Apologies in advance for mentioning BNP, apparently i upset a member by having BNP website in my signature a few weeks ago".

Offline crazymac

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2007, 15:34:17 »
1st of all, to moan about the government, you must have voted in the 1st place as far as I am concerned!! So I hope that all the wonderful contributions so far have come from voters?

Secondly, as Billy Connoly famously said in the late 70s,

"The desire to be a politician should forbid you from ever becoming one"

I have always vote, and I will continue to do so, if for no other reason than the hope that some day these idiots will get voted out!!

However for that to realistically happen, we need a fundimental change in the attitude of the voting public. To that end, I think that a move to the Australian rules should happen............ Vote or be fined!!!

Now I know before I am shouted down that this would mean more legislation etc but at least we could guarantee that whoever was in power would have been voten in by as near to 100% of the population as we can get, instead of the miserable attendance that we get now!!
I HAVE THE BODY OF A GOD

shame its Budda!!

Offline wellieboot

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 16:29:42 »
Quote from: "crazymac"
1st of all, to moan about the government, you must have voted in the 1st place as far as I am concerned!! So I hope that all the wonderful contributions so far have come from voters?

Could be seen as a bit harsh that, but I can understand where you're coming from. First off, I vote - how I vote is nobodies business but mine. It certainly should be of no interest to the govt (personal freedoms and what have you - must check the laws on that!)

However, I know folk who don't vote, but would if a 'none of the above' was available. I for one, don't beleive in voting for nonsense parties like the MRL or such because it doesn't truely reflect the wants and desires of the political voter (unless you want, say, carrots to hold drving licenses, or the first Monday of the month to be a 'Badgers to work' day).

Should the public only be made to do something if there is a satifcatory option? I guess that would open up a host of debates then of what people want when at the end of the day we have to choose the best of a bad lot (alright, the best of a really bad lot!).

Mind you - the funniest arguement I heard was 'ask me if I want to be killed by injection, or by firing squad - neither, I don't want to die!' I laughed my socks off, but I guess the guy had a point!  :lol:

Having said all of that - their is a line of thought that says that not voting is a democratic right. But then in a power vacuum, tyranny seems to prevail. Which isn't good! Maybe that shoudl serve as a warning against apathy.  :?

I don't know what to think, really (you may have gathered!), but I've rambled long enough! I'm glad the moddies and addies have allowed this debate - it's interesting. Good call, gents.

toodles
Boots
I can see tomorrow, I can see the world to come
I can see tomorrow, hear the pandemonium

Offline Dr Strangeglove

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 17:04:40 »
Politicians should listen to their constituents rather than the party “whip”.  Surely being a member of a political party is detrimental to democracy.  With an MP that is part of a “party”, they are expected to vote in a certain way – the way of the “party” and not on behalf of their constituents – surely that is wrong.

If you ever meet a politician (if your unfortunate enough!) how many of you think they will actually listen to what you say!

This is the manifesto according to Dr Strangeglove!

No free rides:-
If you are on benefits you work for what you get (up to a reasonable amount for your circumstances).  This would not include taking jobs off employed people so it would have to be things that we don’t do at the moment (or haven’t the manpower to do well!).  Things as basic as cleaning public places, keeping things in a good state of order and helping those that need help.  Others would include pre-school sports (help the obesity problem, give parents that work a place to take their kids (or have their kids taken too! – another job!!)), helping the elderly, charities, etc. etc.

Immigration!
If you are illegal and it is decided that you are, you are out.  No appeals, no benefits and no welcome mat.
If you are a legal immigrant, then commit any significant crime and you are out.  No appeal unless you pay for it yourself!
Limited numbers (this would include refugees) that are sustainable.

Respect for the views of the people:-
Any vote going through parliament would be “pre-voted” by a panel of ordinary folk picked at random (a bit like jury service where you are given the facts before you vote - one panel per MP).  If the MP votes in a way against that of this panel then three strikes and they are out! and a by-election takes place.  (Sorry Skibum346, I had not read your part of the thread – I don’t want to steel your thunder!)

Stop banning things and pass a law giving all people the right to respect!

Give the Bobby’s more respect and let them do their job.  If it means a clip around the ear then fair play.  Take away the bureaucratic paperwork that keeps lawyers in a job and let them use a bit of common sense.  This would get rid of the “you can’t touch me, that’s assault” brigade.  It would have to be monitored and it would not be perfect (Bobby's are people and people make mistakes) but policing at the moment is a mistake as far as I can see (and not down to the Bobby’s).

If we need to be taxed then tax us on the level and stop doing it in an underhand way.  And stop the wealthy from avoiding tax by having a good accountant!

If we are going to go to war, tell us why (honestly), how much we expect it will cost, and how many lives will be lost and people injured!  When someone is killed or injured they are helped financially.  If we can’t afford this then we don’t go to war or we ask for volunteers that don’t mind the fact that we will treat them like second class citizens when they return (you won’t get many MP’s volunteering – what about their expenses??).

Stop giving MP’s the right to secrecy on expenses.  They managed to get that one out of the freedom of information act didn’t they!  How many of you would have voted for that one?

Start investing in our manufacturing industry.  The way it’s going at the moment we will all work in call centres or Tesco.

Stop the super markets taking over, and stop them taking the pee out of our farmers.

The list could go on and on, but let’s face it, we are not getting our moneys worth out of our current parliament!

To the people that say “if you don’t vote you don’t have the right to an opinion” I say this.  If you were asked “should theft be legal” and you were given the answers: a) yes, b) yes but only on Sundays or c) yes but only by people called David, how could you answer the question (unless you agreed with a, b, or c that is)?  Until you have a party where you feel you will be represented or listened too, how can you vote?  Every time you vote for one of the political parties they use it as a tool to say they are right!  If people must vote then their must be a “none of the above” box too.  Just because you have a choice does not mean you have a choice worth taking!

All this is just my opinion and I do not say I am right!

Just one point however!  I used to shoot pistols, and after the tragedy of Dunblane my sport was taken from me.  I can understand the outrage at what happened (I was outraged myself) but I was not involved and I believe it should have been prevented!  However, the media and the PC brigade turned a great deal of the public against me and my sport at that time and I believe that politicians used it as a vote winner.  What I am trying to say here is that hysteria/outrage can lead to bad decisions (whether you think this was a bad decision or not) and the next time it may be you (or the 4x4 owner) that is the brunt of their sales/vote winning tactics!  So giving everyone a say may not always produce the right decision.  It is very easy to alter someone’s rights if yours are not affected by the decision!

P.S. – Sorry to go on…….I get a bit wound up about politics……….Though you probably haven’t noticed!!
Too many sins, not enough temptation!
Too many armpits, not enough deodorant!
Forget maths, forget geometry
You cause explosions by being good at Chemistry
Too many mountains, not enough volcanoes!
Too many lawyers, not enough justice!!!

Offline Boddle

Attack Member
  • Boddle on Xbox
    • Coventry UK
  • Referrals: 1
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 17:12:55 »
Quote from: "Evilgoat"

Bad news, it is now illegal to spoil a paper and I'm not sure how anonymous your vote is, certainly changes are afoot so that your vote is no longer anonymous

That in it's own sense is non-Democratic don't see the that it would possible to do that as the voting system would infringe data protection act surely.

But there again you also don't have to put a mark on the paper to.

Offline Yoshi

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 17:23:47 »
Quote from: "Dr Strangeglove"
Politicians should listen to their constituents rather than the party “whip”.  Surely being a member of a political party is detrimental to democracy.  With an MP that is part of a “party”, they are expected to vote in a certain way – the way of the “party” and not on behalf of their constituents – surely that is wrong.

If you ever meet a politician (if your unfortunate enough!) how many of you think they will actually listen to what you say!

This is the manifesto according to Dr Strangeglove!

No free rides:-
If you are on benefits you work for what you get (up to a reasonable amount for your circumstances).  This would not include taking jobs off employed people so it would have to be things that we don’t do at the moment (or haven’t the manpower to do well!).  Things as basic as cleaning public places, keeping things in a good state of order and helping those that need help.  Others would include pre-school sports (help the obesity problem, give parents that work a place to take their kids (or have their kids taken too! – another job!!)), helping the elderly, charities, etc. etc.

Immigration!
If you are illegal and it is decided that you are, you are out.  No appeals, no benefits and no welcome mat.
If you are a legal immigrant, then commit any significant crime and you are out.  No appeal unless you pay for it yourself!
Limited numbers (this would include refugees) that are sustainable.

Respect for the views of the people:-
Any vote going through parliament would be “pre-voted” by a panel of ordinary folk picked at random (a bit like jury service where you are given the facts before you vote - one panel per MP).  If the MP votes in a way against that of this panel then three strikes and they are out! and a by-election takes place.  (Sorry Skibum346, I had not read your part of the thread – I don’t want to steel your thunder!)

Stop banning things and pass a law giving all people the right to respect!

Give the Bobby’s more respect and let them do their job.  If it means a clip around the ear then fair play.  Take away the bureaucratic paperwork that keeps lawyers in a job and let them use a bit of common sense.  This would get rid of the “you can’t touch me, that’s assault” brigade.  It would have to be monitored and it would not be perfect (Bobby's are people and people make mistakes) but policing at the moment is a mistake as far as I can see (and not down to the Bobby’s).

If we need to be taxed then tax us on the level and stop doing it in an underhand way.  And stop the wealthy from avoiding tax by having a good accountant!

If we are going to go to war, tell us why (honestly), how much we expect it will cost, and how many lives will be lost and people injured!  When someone is killed or injured they are helped financially.  If we can’t afford this then we don’t go to war or we ask for volunteers that don’t mind the fact that we will treat them like second class citizens when they return (you won’t get many MP’s volunteering – what about their expenses??).

Stop giving MP’s the right to secrecy on expenses.  They managed to get that one out of the freedom of information act didn’t they!  How many of you would have voted for that one?

Start investing in our manufacturing industry.  The way it’s going at the moment we will all work in call centres or Tesco.

Stop the super markets taking over, and stop them taking the pee out of our farmers.

The list could go on and on, but let’s face it, we are not getting our moneys worth out of our current parliament!

To the people that say “if you don’t vote you don’t have the right to an opinion” I say this.  If you were asked “should theft be legal” and you were given the answers: a) yes, b) yes but only on Sundays or c) yes but only by people called David, how could you answer the question (unless you agreed with a, b, or c that is)?  Until you have a party where you feel you will be represented or listened too, how can you vote?  Every time you vote for one of the political parties they use it as a tool to say they are right!  If people must vote then their must be a “none of the above” box too.  Just because you have a choice does not mean you have a choice worth taking!

All this is just my opinion and I do not say I am right!

Just one point however!  I used to shoot pistols, and after the tragedy of Dunblane my sport was taken from me.  I can understand the outrage at what happened (I was outraged myself) but I was not involved and I believe it should have been prevented!  However, the media and the PC brigade turned a great deal of the public against me and my sport at that time and I believe that politicians used it as a vote winner.  What I am trying to say here is that hysteria/outrage can lead to bad decisions (whether you think this was a bad decision or not) and the next time it may be you (or the 4x4 owner) that is the brunt of their sales/vote winning tactics!  So giving everyone a say may not always produce the right decision.  It is very easy to alter someone’s rights if yours are not affected by the decision!

P.S. – Sorry to go on…….I get a bit wound up about politics……….Though you probably haven’t noticed!!

What about those with disabilities.  You are tarring a huge group with one brush when there is a hell of alot of differences in it.

1995 Discovery XS 300TDi 4" lift and ready to go!

There is no devil, theres only god when he's drunk - Tom Waits.

Offline Dr Strangeglove

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2007, 18:22:52 »
Badger!

Sorry if that’s the way it came across, it’s not how I wanted it to be read.

The disabled would be one of the groups that would be better off.  Those people that could work but can not find employment would be used to help the disabled.  Part of someone’s payback for receiving benefits could be as a helper for a disabled, elderly or just “needy” person.  That may be someone physically or mentally disabled.

For instance, I watched an episode of “life of grime” (I think), that had a couple with mental problems in that they just could not cope with life’s normal routine.  They could not look after themselves with simple things like cleaning the house etc.  This is a typical situation where people could be used to help others as repayment in kind for receiving their benefits.

If you are in full time employment but need benefits to cope then fair dinkum!  But at the same time if you are taking money from the system yet you do nothing (where you have the ability too) then why should you not payback.

If on the other hand you are disabled in a way that would still allow you to help others then why not?  If you have problems in mobility but could help a charity or good cause with computer based admin then why not.  I believe that it may help some claimants feel like they are putting something back.

But at the end of the day I could not guarantee it would work – but then again it might!

It would also make it harder for the benefit fraudsters – but I am certainly not saying everyone on benefits is a fraud!

Sorry if I caused offence!

Edge

Democracy in the UK
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2007, 18:32:12 »
Quote from: "Dr Strangeglove"

Couldn't agree more!
I have 1st hand experience of working for numerous multi-millionaires, yes they do get substantial tax reductions through loopholes/accountants etc & i'm not talking about a few hundred quid or a couple of grand.

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 20:04:03 »
Quote from: "Boddle"

Bad news, it is now illegal to spoil a paper and I'm not sure how anonymous your vote is, certainly changes are afoot so that your vote is no longer anonymous

That in it's own sense is non-Democratic don't see the that it would possible to do that as the voting system would infringe data protection act surely.

But there again you also don't have to put a mark on the paper to.

There have been numerous laws pushed through during this period of government that taken on their own dont seem like a lot. But when its all put in context it makes sense.

Blair wanted the ability to turn the army against his own people outside a state of emergency. the Public wouldnt buy this and it would have caused no end of headaches.

So after the fuel protests, while everyone was still grumbling a law was snuck through that allowed him to use the army to 'maintain supply lines'. Now if you read between the lines and what this legislation actually meant, you'll be shocked to find that it basically means the same thing as turning the army on the public.

Labour have repeatedly done this in all sorts of clandestine ways and a peicemeal fashion. The police will be familiar with these gradual changes and probobly resent them more than anyone else.

Again, the call goes out that we should not have the police looking after the roads and its shot down.

So one year the parking service is privatised, left to go quiet and then a little later the enforcement of speed limits by cameras gets turned over to 'saftey partnerships' and lo and hehold, last year, the DVLA/VOSA are enforcing the law on Motorways, see where its going? I thought you might.

Our Goverment may be a bit on the useless side but by no stretch of the imagination are they stupid, this is what is so damn dangerous. The house of Lords is already loosing power over them and after a few minor tweaks, the goverment can pretty much make up any law it likes and rest assured that it will pass.

Audi S2 Avant 360bhp

Offline graham

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 20:46:34 »
Some interesting things being talked about here make you think
Nissan Terrano
Land Rover Lightweight
ex TD5 Discovery &
RR classic owner

Offline glaggs

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 21:29:45 »
Quote - " i'm voting BNP this year (I aint racist, just feel theyre the only party who'll sort this country out for our benefit"

Edge surrely the pedigree of the BNP means they are most likely to try and win votes my misinformation, lies and culltivating a bed of fear to unite majorities against the easy target minorities, be it because of race, belief or life style. Unfortunately the way the 3 main current parties have behaved in the past 10 years or so has ment that some of the more 'extreme' minority parties know have what seem like credible arguements - I for one still wouldn't want them in power.
..V..

Offline graham

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 21:55:50 »
I've looked at BMP in the past are they as bad as the press and media make out or is it just the work of MI5, I really don't trust the government anymore.

Looked at UKIP they want us to come out of Europe no bad thing i think, if it gets rid of the human rights law, this is where the madness started.

I too am thinking about leaving this country  :shock:
Nissan Terrano
Land Rover Lightweight
ex TD5 Discovery &
RR classic owner

Offline Niel

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 22:58:06 »

It never has been, special branch always get the heads up if you vote for any 'suspect' party, it's only 'secret' from the person in the next booth...

Offline Niel

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2007, 23:09:14 »

There have been numerous laws pushed through during this period of government that taken on their own dont seem like a lot. But when its all put in context it makes sense.

Blair wanted the ability to turn the army against his own people outside a state of emergency. the Public wouldnt buy this and it would have caused no end of headaches.

So after the fuel protests, while everyone was still grumbling a law was snuck through that allowed him to use the army to 'maintain supply lines'. Now if you read between the lines and what this legislation actually meant, you'll be shocked to find that it basically means the same thing as turning the army on the public.

Labour have repeatedly done this in all sorts of clandestine ways and a peicemeal fashion. The police will be familiar with these gradual changes and probobly resent them more than anyone else.

Our Goverment may be a bit on the useless side but by no stretch of the imagination are they stupid, this is what is so damn dangerous. The house of Lords is already loosing power over them and after a few minor tweaks, the goverment can pretty much make up any law it likes and rest assured that it will pass.

Maggie fed the Police up (maggie's private army during the miner's strikes, with HUGE overtime payments for a lot of them), this lot are running them down.

The 'Irish' problem was allowed to run for so long as a training ground, so the army was 'happy' pointing their guns at the public, the huge storage depots around the UK (hint, Salisbury plain is a BIG place) with Humber pig's, Saracens etc  exist for one reason, to supply the firepower to suppress the people, should the need arise. And they do keep them ready for use, started and driven round the circuit monthly, fuel changed anually, new batteries 3 yearly, tyres 5 yearly, ammo every 10 years, well ready.

Offline Dr Strangeglove

Attack Member
Democracy in the UK
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2007, 07:53:38 »
More than half of the Scottish regiments are based outside Scotland - Hmmm........I wonder why?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal