AuthorTopic: Jeep(D.C.)being sold off..  (Read 1497 times)

Offline sardonicus

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Jeep(D.C.)being sold off..
« on: November 05, 2007, 20:49:19 »
O.K. heres another quick moan about expensive jeep parts: I need some front lower suspension arms as the bushes are totally shot in mine,so phoned the local jeep dealer and was quoted....go on guess...what do you think....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               £82.45+vatEACH!!!!!!!!!so thats £193.76 the pair  :shock:
Yes I've tried some that cost £80 quid a pair ,fitted them about a year ago ,carp rubber bushes and as you cant get the bushes on their own I'll be handing over more cash to the [!Expletive Deleted!] s!
Anyway,the reason jeep parts seem to have gone up in price recently could be something to do with Mercedes selling off jeep/chrysler and trying to make as much money as possible before they scarper.Anyone else heard of this?
Just one more thing,I've got a photo of my jeep on my phone but havnt got the software anymore to put on computer for my avatar,so was wondering if I could send it to someone and they could p.m.or email it back to me..
p.m. me your no. and i'll send it.thanks.
'97  4.0l Jeep Grand Cherokee on L.P.G.   back to family transport :(  
'82 RRC Ambulance camper project .   Sold :(
'95 300tdi disco auto. :)

Question  Everything

Offline UKJeeper

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 21:06:15 »
Call lighthouse Jeep for parts, or order from the US. There's hardly any reason to buy stuff from the stealership.

Does your phone do bluetooth? get a bluetooth dongle, plug it into the computer, and you can get your pictures off the phone that way.

Until then, check your PM's.

Offline Bishops Finger

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 21:30:32 »
Mansfield 4x4 do stuff as well but would if possible source from Lighthouse...
Jeep drivers don't eat quiche

Offline sardonicus

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 21:46:36 »
The ones I fitted before were from a yank car parts place for half the price but theyve only lasted about 12 months,were fitted properly and are the only bushes that need replacing again,the rubbers just disintegrated on the front axle mount end.and the ones before were the o e parts tht lasted 8 years,so maybe i'll fit the jeep ones.

Question  Everything

Offline sardonicus

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 21:51:08 »
New avatar! Thanks UKJeeper. :)

Question  Everything

Offline J66P

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 20:40:06 »
Let me have the hole centres I have some lower arms off of a Cherokee which i think are the same, please check first though. I will check hole centres if you let me have the measurement hopefully some body will let us know if the profile is the same.

If you can arrange collection or a meet somewhere you can have them. They still ahev original bushes in and are in good order.
Jeep Cherokee Ltd 4 litre on LPG, 4"+ lift, JKS Quick Disconnects, R/C Shockers, Insa Sahara's, Rusty's Engine and Transmission Skid, Warn Transfer Case Guard, Safari Snorkel, Safari Rack with HiLift Jack, Aussie rear locker, Power trax Front Locker, Hayden Tranny Cooler

SJ413, 3"lift, 6 point roll cage, Power Steered, 12000lbs winch, SU carb conversion, BFG MT's, Rear disc

Offline sardonicus

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 14:39:59 »
Thanks for the offer ,but I've just had to bite the bullet and get some from jeep dealer as its my main transport.Hadto get some front brake discs and pads as they were worn down to the metal,quite cheap from local parts place.
The arms are 400mm between hole centres I think when I measured them the other day.and the metal bushes in the centres are 65 and 70mm wide.
The rubber bushes in the front and rear of the arms are different,the front have a gap/hole in them (to allow for axle movement?)which is where they fail,so why not fit solid bushes as in the rear end of the arm?
by the way ,whats a transfer case drop kit??

Question  Everything

Offline Bishops Finger

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 18:51:10 »
Basically if Im right on some Jeeps if you lift them by a certain amount you need to drop the transfer case to keep the prop shafts aligned...
Jeep drivers don't eat quiche

Offline J66P

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 20:13:56 »
That's correct all it does is lower the transmission which in turn alters its to help maintain the drivetrain (propshaft) angles to reduce the risk of transmission vibrations that occur when you do suspension lifts.

It would appear that you can lift some Jeeps 4 or 5 inch and have no problems and on others you lift them an inch and your prop feels like its trying to depart from the drivetrain, I lifted my last one 3.5 inch and had no problem this one has gone up what would appear to be 1 to 1.5 inches and there was a vibration so hence the drop plate fitment, and alls fine again now
Jeep Cherokee Ltd 4 litre on LPG, 4"+ lift, JKS Quick Disconnects, R/C Shockers, Insa Sahara's, Rusty's Engine and Transmission Skid, Warn Transfer Case Guard, Safari Snorkel, Safari Rack with HiLift Jack, Aussie rear locker, Power trax Front Locker, Hayden Tranny Cooler

SJ413, 3"lift, 6 point roll cage, Power Steered, 12000lbs winch, SU carb conversion, BFG MT's, Rear disc

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal